• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Nocturnal Knives Order

Monday is the holiday for Gov agencies, military got a 4 day weekend, but that's common

Lincoln's Birthday is not a state or local holiday in Ohio, and we got mail delivered. Monday is a federal holiday - President's Day, replacing holidays for Lincoln and Washington.

I'd place my bet that holidays are not what is keeping you guys from getting a check from Nocturnal Knives. I mean, you can keep your fingers crossed until Tuesday, but that's probably not it.

I posted this on the 6th Mike, right after your post.......quite prophetic no???7

Unfortunately bro you are correct. There is a pattern with these guys, gene nocturnal knives seems to think just by posting lies he can make it all go away. I'm in awe of the years people have let him get away with it till now.

In a positive he is using the knife communities money to finance his orphanage, so it's not thievery......

What a total clusterf*#k. I feel so bad for the people that have been screwed in this process. Knife collecting is the only hobby that I'm aware of where it's common practice for buyers to pay some or all of the money up front & wait months, even years to get the final product. That makes it so ripe for things to go awry. I really hope you guys get the resolution you are seeking. I'm not involved myself in any way & I'm not really adding anything other than my desire to empathize with you guys. I know I won't buy a Nocturnal knife, not even on the used market.

There was a guy on a jeep forum selling headlamps converted to HID. Same exact crap. Lots of reassurance and excuses until the PayPal was expired. Then walls of text and a few products sent out here or there and publicly. The longer he hangs on the more people will give their money to him. Classic con artist.

I got an email today saying a money order was on the way today if he could get to the PO before they closed

I got an email today saying a money order was on the way today if he could get to the PO before they closed

More excuses. This guy doesn't get it. The community wants to hear about the refunds when they have been made not that they will be made if by chance he can be bothered to get to the PO.

Said if it didn't go out the week before it would def go out last week. Then the mail didn't run on Monday and I got the email saying it would go out yesterday if he got to the PO before they closed

Said if it didn't go out the week before it would def go out last week. Then the mail didn't run on Monday and I got the email saying it would go out yesterday if he got to the PO before they closed

^ Sorry for being the eternal pessimist here, Adian- I have a hundred bucks to put down, that he didn't make it to the PO on time!

He probably had to stop & buy some diaper's & baby formula first.... ;)

I hope I'm wrong. Good luck!

I can't even find the energy to be mad about it anymore. At this point I'll believe it if I see it.

I only continue to follow up due to principal, not because of the money. It is a small amount and I routinely drop way more than that (hell I scored a Dalibor last week and you guys know what they run). It is because it is the right thing to do and I will follow through until the end, not because I'm getting a lot of money back but because it is my way of making sure justice is done

Here is a little update from what I have gathered on IG:

One of the guys ordered a folder 2 years ago, after a long struggle he was finally offered to settle on a fixed blade & Gene somehow found the energy to send the fixed blade. So the guy paid for and waited 2 years for a folder but had to settle for a fixed blade just to get something. BIG WIN for Nocturnal knives, way to make customers happy.

Could that be any more nauseating Mike???
Poor guy chooses a folder 2 years ago and has to settle for something he never wanted?? Great.
Funny how good ole Gene stopped posting. His reluctance to post kinda coincides with Mike posting those messages from IG and seeing more and more people coming out of the wood work asking for refunds!
Gotta be a coincidence.......NOT!!
Joe

Could that be any more nauseating Mike???
Poor guy chooses a folder 2 years ago and has to settle for something he never wanted?? Great.
Funny how good ole Gene stopped posting. His reluctance to post kinda coincides with Mike posting those messages from IG and seeing more and more people coming out of the wood work asking for refunds!
Gotta be a coincidence.......NOT!!
Joe

Yeah bro, it went from only 6 wanting refunds to seeming new people pop up all the time. Then it was everyone would get their knives they ordered to you will get a knife that you didn't order after 2 years or nothing.

Can you imagine going to a restaurant ordering steak and they bring you a hot dog and tell you that you should like it and be considered lucky... Rolling my eyes man

Back