Nolen Knives (Texas)

My mother did the scrimshaw and carving for her brothers. Her name was Mary Ann "Nolen" Eubank. She passed in 2013. She was a life-long professional artist to took-up scrimshaw and carving pretty much as a dare from Doyle.

Cool to have family involved in a hobby we love so much.

My Uncle was Glen Hornby. He was a custom knife maker in California. I had hoped to go spend some time in a summer learning from him....but he passed away back in the mid 1990's.

I do have a knife of his, as to my father, and brother.

Had another one lined up...but a for profit dealer that I thought I was on friendly terms snagged it and added $100+ to the price. I made the mistake of telling him I was going to message the guy, because I knew how much he had paid for it. Guy used that info to direct message and buy it now at the price I had suggested I would offer the guy.....

He was kind enough to offer it for sale at much more than he got it for, thanks to my helpful info....

Was literally having a facebook chat with him over Christmas break, and he used the info I had found through research to snake it out from under me.... a piece made by my dead uncle....I was trying to get to each of my sons would be able to have one..

I had previously bought another from him for my brother (surprise Christmas present from his wife).

Last edited:
My mother did the scrimshaw and carving for her brothers. Her name was Mary Ann "Nolen" Eubank. She passed in 2013. She was a life-long professional artist to took-up scrimshaw and carving pretty much as a dare from Doyle.
Wow! I would love to speak more on the Nolen siblings with you.

Beautiful knives! Thank you for sharing. Their sister's name was Maryanne I believe and she was somewhat famous, although I cannot remember her story well. I will record it when i visit my mother this summer. Steve Nolen's input would be most welcome as I know he maintains the strongest ties. I hope to connect with him in the future.

I have picked up several new NKs and I think I caught the fever everyone talks about. I am limiting myself to older knives ordered before Jimmy's death in 1980. Maybe then I can support my boys' college AND heirloom knife collection. View media item 6265View media item 6264View media item 6263View media item 6262View media item 6266
If you would like to connect with Steve, he can be reached at 720-334-1801.

Anyone know if Nolen Knives is still around? Their website has not been touched since 1999.

I recently picked up one of their drop point hunters and am hoping they can give me some info on it. Nice knife; old school. Bone and walnut with brass guard and spacers.
The new website is nolenknives.net

I 've also sought to have information on the brothers Nolen, but nothing . Knives have twenty years old ...

Please check out the new website - nolenknives.net If you would like to contact Steve Nolen, he can be reached at 720-334-1801.

Ok thank you to you, in fact the news that I sought not yesterday but rather goes back ten years back, what the family made is good but it does not replace the original, "Nolen brothers "
RD's son, Steve Nolen, is still making knives in Colorado. The new website is nolenknives.net

I also recently grabbed my mother's brochure of Nolen Knives. I flipped through it an found a centered picture of BHauer's father on the hunting trip he mentioned! It looks like they are having a great time in "April Snow"... especially John :) They must have had an amazing trip to have added it to their brochure.

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/jimmynolensgrandson/embed/slideshow/Nolen Knives

I am actively looking for any stories of the men or examples of Nolen Knives, especially those that are known to have been made by Jimmy. Please contact me if you know of one.

Back