Noob question

What else? You surely have more requirements than ball-bearing pivots. What type of blade? Drop point, clip point, etc. Personally, I would start there. Pick the blade shape and size desired and start looking. Eliminate models and brands that do not meet your needs.

Take a close look at ergonomics too. Ball-bearing pivots and fancy blade shapes won't make any difference if the knife does not fit your hand.

As for avoiding Chinese production, you will be passing up a huge section of available products. Some of them are even decently made. It is your choice though. May I suggest that you at least look at Chinese offerings to help in your "knife education" and decision-making process.

FWIW, I have one ball-bearing knife on my wish list. LionSteel's TM1. Lock type, blade shape, handle material and ergonomics all played bigger roles in helping me choose the TM1 than the type of pivot. The fact that it is a bearing pivot makes things just a little nicer.

If I may ask, why is a ball-bearing pivot so important to you? Many people feel that pivot bearings are costly and make a knife impractical for field use or everyday carry.

Oh, btw, welcome to blade forums.
He doesn't want Chinese.

He doesn't want Chinese.

At the risk of derailing the thread, it depends on the reason why he doesn't want to buy a Chinese-made knife. It's just a perceived quality issue, I'd say sabre cat sabre cat is right, and they're really worth a look. If it's any other reason, then that's up to the buyer. My point is just not to judge the quality of all Chinese knives based on M-Tech and other gas station fodder.

I like the locking system on the Marksman. I'm going to buy it from knife center. Thanks again fellows.
when it comes to guns and knives I only buy american-made products that's just my way I guess .
Nothing wrong with that. I wish more people would buy American products.

Most people I know buy only based upon price.

Just ordered got it on sale for $91.99 free shipping. Now the waiting game starts. Thanks again guys

Congrats! I have no personal experience with that particular knife but you get Bucks warranty and Mr Bos + crew heat treat. Nothing wrong with 154cm.

Make another post after you get the knife and use it for a week or two. :thumbsup:

Congrats! I have no personal experience with that particular knife but you get Bucks warranty and Mr Bos + crew heat treat. Nothing wrong with 154cm.

Make another post after you get the knife and use it for a week or two. :thumbsup:
Yes, Buck offers decent products at reasonable prices and the heat treatment they use is second to none.

And 154cm is good steel. Most of the knives I reach for are made from it.

You should pick one up. Especially if you are a fan of the brand. Design, ergos, build quality, materials, innovation, performance. Probably one of the best products Buck has put out in years. The Marksman is everything we wished the Vantage was going to be.
It's the only Buck knife I own.

Back