Not a knife, but I think it's cool... Name it and I'll give you one...

The winner to whom all accolades and praise, notariety and fame goes to is:
Joethejeweler with his submission of 'The Hooker!!!'

Congrats!!

I have been sidelined by other little projects non stop lately. Sharpening things, little tools, flashlights, etc. Hence, not much with a blade coming out of the shop at the moment.

The latest thing I have spit out was this little deal. It is a micro sized keyring bottle/can opener. Made from CP Grade 2 Ti, in an as-machined finish, with heat coloration. It uses this keys/keyring for leverage to open a bottle, thereby ditching any protruding handle. It also has a little notch that easily opens a can for those of us who don't have any length to our fingernails. Or, for those ladies that have spent ungodly sums of money on their nails and don't want to chip those phalangeal works of art.

I don't name things personally that come out of my shop. Usually they either pic up a name from the kids, wife, friends, or customer sometime before they are finished. This one however has seemed to stump everyone I guess. Enter the offer. If you can name this thing for me, I'll send you one free of charge. I have a formal contest going on my site and on another forum, so I'd like to have a good name for it inside a week... But I've made it known, wherever the name comes from I will post the winner's name (screen name or real name) up for all to see with the winning name for this little gadget.

I'm no Peter Atwood, but I think I did alright on this one... Thank you to my wife for the hand modeling. Nobody wants to see my bear claw hands on here...

Au Naturale:
548b038b0c3ad86057b4ca5d36308cd5.jpg

With keys:
b233a4cbf320aa800dd82638afb67b69.jpg

Opening a bottle: (Thank you to New Belgium Brewery for Fat Tire... just in general, bottle opener notwithstanding...) :)
0efde94cee1e65076455ae29fb08358b.jpg

Opening a can: (Simply slide it under and push. Will open a can all the way quite nicely...)
54b63f516798312ec4d57d1519a83d0c.jpg

Thanks for looking. Again, I know it's not a knife... but lately I've been a slacker... It is kind of knife related I guess, and uses some of the same skills at least... The flashlight I just finished couldn't be further from a bladed thing if I tried... lol.

Cheers

-Eric

Last edited:
I'll have a bash, how about the Bocan lever (as in bottle/can) or Bocan key? As it uses the keys for leverage and "opens" things... Just a shot in the dark but it sounded good in my head. Haha awesome design man I love it!

Very cool! How about...
K.R.O. BAR
(Key Ring Opener)
Similar function plus it alludes to what you might be enjoying while using it!

I would call it one-eye willy! Looks like it has one big eye! I like it!

Very cool! How about...
K.R.O. BAR
(Key Ring Opener)
Similar function plus it alludes to what you might be enjoying while using it!
All really good... But Josh leading the charge at the moment. Good name... If not for this, I have a prybar bottle opener I might steal this one for. I'll give you one of those if I do...

Keep em comin!

And yes, I think it looks like a boot too. Wife said fish... Glad we aren't that weird... since you guys see it too... lol.

-Eric

Back