Not an easy decision..

Hi everybody,

If you had to sell a large Inkosi or a Slysz Bowie. Wich one would you keep? The Inkosi has some very light snail trails on the handle. The Bowie is BNIB. I am not a collector. Not an easy decision..:cool:

Thanks for your input!

I'd probably sell the Inkosi, and I say that as someone who doesn't like the Slysz bowie whatsoever. I just know those are hot, and likely to remain so, so I'd hold onto it for a rainy day. They aren't making any more of them.

what which has been spoken
can never be taken back...
but since your knife is nib
i guess that would make a better return
in the long term.

Thanks, but since i am not collector, wich one would you keep as a user? The problem is since the knives are quite expensive, i keep of using them..

Thanks, but since i am not collector, wich one would you keep as a user? The problem is since the knives are quite expensive, i keep of using them..
Again, I'd keep the Inkosi to use, as they're still making those. I would sell the Slysz Bowie, however, I'd sit on it for awhile because they've been discontinued and they're a desirable knife. You don't have to be a collector to be smart enough to know when you've got an investment. A Slysz Bowie is a desirable knife thanks to Nick Shabazz and the fact that a lot of people have a terminal case of FOMO. If you need the money now, then I'd say sell it, but the fact is, you'll probably get a little more for it, as the ready supply of NIB Bowies (like you have) dries up.

Again, I'd keep the Inkosi to use, as they're still making those. I would sell the Slysz Bowie, however, I'd sit on it for awhile because they've been discontinued and they're a desirable knife. You don't have to be a collector to be smart enough to know when you've got an investment. A Slysz Bowie is a desirable knife thanks to Nick Shabazz and the fact that a lot of people have a terminal case of FOMO. If you need the money now, then I'd say sell it, but the fact is, you'll probably get a little more for it, as the ready supply of NIB Bowies (like you have) dries up.
Humm… good point

Yeah.. And i don't think that anybody are using there Slysz Bowie, since it's now discountinued..Even if i think, it would be a pretty good user.

I really wouldnt over think it they'dboth serve you well. If its dead even I vote you keep the slyz as it is more unique and i like having items that are less common. Which one do you llike the feel of in hand? Which blade feel ismore useful for the things you do? As you are keeping it as a user, not to collect, choose based off which one youd rather use as thats what will be happening.

I really wouldnt over think it they'dboth serve you well. If its dead even I vote you keep the slyz as it is more unique and i like having items that are less common. Which one do you llike the feel of in hand? Which blade feel ismore useful for the things you do? As you are keeping it as a user, not to collect, choose based off which one youd rather use as thats what will be happening.
The Bowie should be a better slicer for sure. But the problem is that since its now discountinued and overpriced, i tend to let it in the box instead of using it!...I use regularly my 940-1, spydiechief, pm2...

I’d say it’s a pretty easy decision. Sell the Bowie.
Highly sought after, discontinued so parts/warranty will suffer, and it’s NIB.
With the inkosi, it’s already used, and CRK has amazing warranty/spa treatment. They will also replace a blade (for a fee of course) if need be.

What is hot today may not be hot tomorrow. I definitely like to use the knives (or any hobby item) I own. The Inkosi is a tank. Probably both are too big for me to EDC.

And i think that i am not the only one owning a Bowie and using it just for pictures:p I don't see anyone using it...

What is hot today may not be hot tomorrow. I definitely like to use the knives (or any hobby item) I own. The Inkosi is a tank. Probably both are too big for me to EDC.
I agree with you

Back