1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Not an easy decision..

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Snake62, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Tseg

Tseg

Aug 25, 2018
    BTW, I EDC'd a Small Insingo Micarta Inkosi for a year. It was fantastic except maybe not as slicey as I would have liked. It just recently got displaced by the slightly longer but thinner and lighter NeOn Zero.

Snake62 likes this.
  2. Snake62

Snake62 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Btw, sorry for my English.. i am a french Canadian;)

3. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Sell the Inkosi... You can still buy one if you actually want another. The finger grooves and angled pocket clip just didn't work for me.

The Bowie however... We had a summer of love together, what a great knife. Slicey as anything and built like a tank. Sadly I never carry mine anymore because I'm afraid to lose it!

[​IMG]

Snake62 and BenchCo Spydermade like this.
  4. Snake62

Nov 3, 2013

5. Snake62

Nov 3, 2013
    Sadly you said? That's my problem..Keeping a very good knife just for pictures?..

Quiet likes this.
  6. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
    It has sentimental value after using it every day for the better part of a year. But ya, I see your point for sure. I don't carry it anymore so I don't even take pictures of it. That picture was from April 2016!

7. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Keep the Slysz... for all the reasons already mentioned. You can turn around and buy umpteen inkosis right now if you wanted. Now besides everything that has already been said, the Slysz Bowie is my favorite knife of all time. I used the piss out of mine until I broke it being dumb. I guess I got too comfortable with it. You said you're a user not a collector and the Bowie is a phenomenal user. I still take mine out to fondle every now and miss carrying it dearly.

A lot of pics on this thread https://bladeforums.com/threads/slysz-bowie.1230608/page-2

8. Snake62

Nov 3, 2013
    Very interesting!..

9. abbazaba

Oct 30, 2015
    Thanks for the link! I forgot about that thread.

kniferbro likes this.
  10. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Lol that was a while back huh? I think its pushed off the Spyderco forum pages now too... I have to dig through my old posts to find it!

11. BenchCo Spydermade

BenchCo Spydermade

Feb 10, 2014
    If you sell it, its gone. What does the rarity matter if you dont keep it? It almost sounds like you like it more so you are getting rid of it. And for some reason I actually still totally understand what you mean!:D

12. Snake62

Nov 3, 2013
    hehehe thanks for your compassion:D

BenchCo Spydermade likes this.
  13. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    If you're not going to use the Bowie, sell it now. The price these bring is just stupidly high. It's not a $450 knife. And, if Spyderco ever brings out a Bowie 2 like they did with the Techno, it's will be back to it's original price or less. Again, if you're not going to use it, sell it and make the money on it.

That being said, I never was "that" impressed with the Bowie. I would keep the Inkosi regardless.

Snake62 likes this.
  14. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    So basically you don't carry it because sentimental value aside, you realize it'd be very expensive to replace.

There's a lesson there somewhere....

Snake62 likes this.