Not an easy decision..

I agree with you
BTW, I EDC'd a Small Insingo Micarta Inkosi for a year. It was fantastic except maybe not as slicey as I would have liked. It just recently got displaced by the slightly longer but thinner and lighter NeOn Zero.

Sell the Inkosi... You can still buy one if you actually want another. The finger grooves and angled pocket clip just didn't work for me.

The Bowie however... We had a summer of love together, what a great knife. Slicey as anything and built like a tank. Sadly I never carry mine anymore because I'm afraid to lose it!

QADYZBb.jpg

Sell the Inkosi... You can still buy one if you actually want another. The finger grooves and angled pocket clip just didn't work for me.

The Bowie however... We had a summer of love together, what a great knife. Slicey as anything and built like a tank. Sadly I never carry mine anymore because I'm afraid to lose it!

QADYZBb.jpg

Sadly you said? That's my problem..Keeping a very good knife just for pictures?..
It has sentimental value after using it every day for the better part of a year. But ya, I see your point for sure. I don't carry it anymore so I don't even take pictures of it. That picture was from April 2016!

Keep the Slysz... for all the reasons already mentioned. You can turn around and buy umpteen inkosis right now if you wanted. Now besides everything that has already been said, the Slysz Bowie is my favorite knife of all time. I used the piss out of mine until I broke it being dumb. I guess I got too comfortable with it. You said you're a user not a collector and the Bowie is a phenomenal user. I still take mine out to fondle every now and miss carrying it dearly.

A lot of pics on this thread https://bladeforums.com/threads/slysz-bowie.1230608/page-2

Keep the Slysz... for all the reasons already mentioned. You can turn around and buy umpteen inkosis right now if you wanted. Now besides everything that has already been said, the Slysz Bowie is my favorite knife of all time. I used the piss out of mine until I broke it being dumb. I guess I got too comfortable with it. You said you're a user not a collector and the Bowie is a phenomenal user. I still take mine out to fondle every now and miss carrying it dearly.

A lot of pics on this thread https://bladeforums.com/threads/slysz-bowie.1230608/page-2
Very interesting!..

Thanks for the link! I forgot about that thread.

The Bowie should be a better slicer for sure. But the problem is that since its now discountinued and overpriced, i tend to let it in the box instead of using it!...I use regularly my 940-1, spydiechief, pm2...
If you sell it, its gone. What does the rarity matter if you dont keep it? It almost sounds like you like it more so you are getting rid of it. And for some reason I actually still totally understand what you mean!:D

If you're not going to use the Bowie, sell it now. The price these bring is just stupidly high. It's not a $450 knife. And, if Spyderco ever brings out a Bowie 2 like they did with the Techno, it's will be back to it's original price or less. Again, if you're not going to use it, sell it and make the money on it.

That being said, I never was "that" impressed with the Bowie. I would keep the Inkosi regardless.

It has sentimental value after using it every day for the better part of a year. But ya, I see your point for sure. I don't carry it anymore so I don't even take pictures of it. That picture was from April 2016!

So basically you don't carry it because sentimental value aside, you realize it'd be very expensive to replace.

There's a lesson there somewhere....

Back