NOTABLE PAIRS : Only traditionals

2vnncj9.jpg

I've got one of those Antique Bone Mini Trappers too. They are awesome little knives. So cool that you have a matching Copperlock.

I am trying to put together another pair similar to this. If I'm successful, I'll post it. I have another pair in this thread somewhere with a wharnecliffe mini trapper and a Texas Jack in stag/CV without the gaudy Stag Rancher blade etch.

Edit, I found it. here it is:
Ia7fr2P.jpg

Ed J

Last edited:
You may be wondering why these two knives make a notable pair? Besides the fact that they are both wonderful knives, they both represent anomalies in my "user knife" drawer.

The GEC #78 is the only spear blade in my user drawer. As a rule, I don't like to carry spear blades because so many of my cutting tasks require piercing. But this #78 is a dream to carry and I just love the knife, so I overlook it's shortcoming.

The Case Texas Jack is the only multi-bladed knife in my user drawer. I prefer to carry my knives in my watch pocket because all the other pockets are designated to other things I carry regularly: wallet, phone, keys, etc. So I prefer a single blade knife for daily carry. But this Texas Jack is so well made, the blade selection is perfect, and the action makes it one of my favorite "fidget knives". So, how could I not carry it.

Back