Notice!! A Black Jack!!

oh man, would love an opportunity at one. The blackjack 86 is such a cool and simple knife. would be a great addition to the angus jack i've got!

This is the one which I dropped and the shield popped off. Shield has been reattached and it is back in action. That is Doug in the background.
UMSWgSF.jpg

watcha drop it on to knock the shield out 😮
My driveway. I was carrying way too many things. I don't think the shield was ”wielded” to the pin very securely. It was not that far of a drop, maybe three feet. Anyways, I cleaned it up and reattached the shield with superglue. The shield was sticking up just a little on one side, so I had to refinish the entire knife. I started with 400 grit and moved up to 600, 1000, 1500, 2000, & 2500 sandpaper. Then used 3000, 5000, 8000 3M pads before finally polishing it with two grades of polish with the high speed polishing wheels. So now it has super nice transitions from the wood to the bolsters and shield.

Last edited:
Great tang stamps, the knives are alright also.
Everytime I CE and CF these I'm reminded of the big heavy duty jack knives from late 1800's to early 1900's. Masterpieces in my humble opinion.View attachment 2263414

Those are some nice looking siblings. Still jealous any time I see one of those 86 forum knives. They turned out beautiful, plus I love sheep/lamb/ram foot knives. I joined the BF that year and I think I was a little out side of the date cutoff.

Those are some nice looking siblings. Still jealous any time I see one of those 86 forum knives. They turned out beautiful, plus I love sheep/lamb/ram foot knives. I joined the BF that year and I think I was a little out side of the date cutoff.
Thank you AZCoyote AZCoyote !!! I'm really hoping you are able to pick one up. 🤞

Back