NutnFancy (TNP) SR1A inbound to Blade HQ

Lion Steel SR1A TNP Limited Edition Aluminum Bowie Knife (3.7" Black) Nutnfancy

lionsteel-tnp-sr1-purple-black-sr-1ca-pb.jpg

lionsteel-sr-1a-pb-back.jpg

lionsteel-sr-1a-pb-side.jpg

Thanks, but I meant pictures of people's personal knives. I'm interested to see what the final product looks like in a natural environment.

Note the clip point blade which is different from the standard SR1A, the "TNP serial numbering". Nice profile blade.

TNP-066 came in today. Beautiful piece and very smooth operation.

Added: Nice touch with the glass breaker clip screws.

Last edited:
WTF Blade HQ!? They keep telling me its "gonna ship today" but day after day it doesn't ship. They are usually extremely quick on shipping

WTF Blade HQ!? They keep telling me its "gonna ship today" but day after day it doesn't ship. They are usually extremely quick on shipping

Call them up at 1-888-252-3347 (888-BLADEHQ). When I've called they've been most helpful.

I have called um a few times and they keep saying it will ship today, including today but still nothing. Its very strange.
Call them up at 1-888-252-3347 (888-BLADEHQ). When I've called they've been most helpful.

I have called um a few times and they keep saying it will ship today, including today but still nothing. Its very strange.

My credit card got charged last night, hopefully mine will be shipping today as well. I had to call them to confirm my the difference between my shipping/billing address on monday, and they said over the phone it would be shipped either yesterday or today. Your experience is certainly unusual.

My card got charged last tuesday lol.
My credit card got charged last night, hopefully mine will be shipping today as well. I had to call them to confirm my the difference between my shipping/billing address on monday, and they said over the phone it would be shipped either yesterday or today. Your experience is certainly unusual.

Yeah, something over here went wrong. Our shipping system said it was packed and shipped, but we couldn't locate tracking info so it took us awhile to figure out we either didn't ship it or it got mis-shipped.
But now, rest assured we have actually shipped it to you (and we sent it Express to make sure it gets to you as fast as possible). Our apologies.

Cam

Its all good guys thanks. I got your email looking forward to getting this knife.
Yeah, something over here went wrong. Our shipping system said it was packed and shipped, but we couldn't locate tracking info so it took us awhile to figure out we either didn't ship it or it got mis-shipped.
But now, rest assured we have actually shipped it to you (and we sent it Express to make sure it gets to you as fast as possible). Our apologies.

Cam

If you watched Nutnfancy's video on the TNP limited knife in collaboration with Nutnfancy, he stated that the knife clip was have TNP badging , That didn't happen. They should have also placed the date of manufacture on the blade. Since it is a "Limited Edition", it should have a little more info on the knife to distinguish it as limited.. This wasn't Nutn's first attempt at a collaborative effort, and hopefully he can use the end customer feedback to make future efforts are in line with customer wants.
Still, a great value for the knife.
Thanks,

Tec

Black blade TNP-046 checking in. Is anyone here gonna actually EDC this knife? Cause i have already started carrying it. HEC knife for me as Nutn would say.

If you watched Nutnfancy's video on the TNP limited knife in collaboration with Nutnfancy, he stated that the knife clip was have TNP badging , That didn't happen. They should have also placed the date of manufacture on the blade. Since it is a "Limited Edition", it should have a little more info on the knife to distinguish it as limited.. This wasn't Nutn's first attempt at a collaborative effort, and hopefully he can use the end customer feedback to make future efforts are in line with customer wants.
Still, a great value for the knife.
Thanks,

Tec

I was super excited about this knife and ordered the black coated version within a couple of hours of nutn's original video posting. That said, I was disappointed in the longer than expected wait and the lack of information coming from Blade HQ. I canceled my order about two weeks ago.

Now that they are in, I am glad I canceled for three reasons.

1) there are still knives in stock (supply higher than demand?)
2) as you pointed out, some of the nice details that I expected (TNP stamp on the clip) are missing and
3) I was under the impression that serial numbers would be based on your spot in line when ordering (ie first person to order gets #1, 10th to order gets # 10, 100th to order gets #100, etc.) However, when I called Blade HQ in Feb. to check on the status I was told that they were taking requests for serial numbers. That didn't sit well with me.

Congrats to those who got it. I still think it is a sweet knife. Just not for me (if it was I would just order one today as both versions are still available).

Respectfully, do things like the "TNP" being engraved on the pocket clip and low serial numbers really matter that much to cancel the order? I bought it not for its exclusivity, but because I like the blade shape and handle color, and they happen to not be available in standard production. I think the "collectability" of these knives has been grossly overestimated by Nutnfancy himself, serial #001 is going to be worth just as little as #500.

Truthfully, I'm glad these weren't extremely popular. The last thing I want to see is people trying to sell them like they did the duracoated chinese-made Spydercos for hundreds of dollars more than they are worth.

Nice knife , I just wish it wasn't a collab. with....Nevermind not going there it's a sweet knife though.

Respectfully, do things like the "TNP" being engraved on the pocket clip and low serial numbers really matter that much to cancel the order?

I canceled the order, in part, because I was tired of waiting on it. Secondarily, I ordered quickly in order to get a low SN (based on Nutn's statements in his video that that was how it was going to work) and found out that placing my order early didn't matter. Obviously, my answer to your question is "Yes, for me it does matter enough to cancel my order".

Once again, I did not cancel the order because TNP was or was not on the clip. I didn't know until they arrived that this expected detail was missing. That said, I agree with the poster above that said this was a detail that was described in the video and would have been nice to actually be there.

The last thing I want to see is people trying to sell them like they did the duracoated chinese-made Spydercos for hundreds of dollars more than they are worth.

Define "worth."

Finally received mine today #013. Was a little concerned about the extremely stiff pivot but have read others state this is normal. This is a nice dark violet color and a good change-up from the usual black folder. Like others have said, I am impressed by the rather discreet TNP markings.

Back