O.K. Bicycle riders lets see your bikes

The main reason I have the L.H. trucker over the disc trucker is I got a super deal on a N.O.S. 2008 frame in the color I love
Roy

The main reason I have the L.H. trucker over the disc trucker is I got a super deal on a N.O.S. 2008 frame in the color I love
Roy

I was torn between both models (and a xcheck) figured i'd try the disc brakes as i'd never had them before. They can howl when new.. color had something to do with it too. When i got mine the regular was only available in black while the disc was forest green.

Interesting thread. I picked up a Team Discovery Channel Madone off craigslist a while back. Fun for riding around outside of town.

I picked this up on a lark:

I've stripped off the stickers and removed the reflectors. Now I just need to gear it up a bit for non-snow use.

Nothing fancy, I didn't make it myself, and the pic sucks. ;)

Bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

Bike3.jpg

Monument Cycles was the store brand from Criterium Cycle Shop in Colorado Springs. The frame was made in the USA by Sapa in Portland, Oregon. Sapa also made frames for well-known higher-end brands like Turner, Santa Cruz, and Ellsworth.

Yes, I have a problem. And this is not all of them....

Hampsten Strada Bianca

hhb.JPG

Pegoretti Responsorium

pgr.jpg

Ciöcc SL and Pelizzolli SL

cousins.jpg

Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra (1985, Zeus New Racer)

emf1.jpg

Bianchi Cyclocross

bcp1.JPG

Scapin Team Oversize (Campy Euclid)

sc1.JPG

BlackHills - cool Campy delta brakes.. and I am envious of the Pegoretti :thumbup:
How old is the Hampsten? Looks like a traditional steel bike but with modern components like a threadless stem(?)

BlackHills - cool Campy delta brakes.. and I am envious of the Pegoretti :thumbup:
How old is the Hampsten? Looks like a traditional steel bike but with modern components like a threadless stem(?)
Thanks. The Hampsten was built in 2013. It is mostly modern stuff though the crank is an old Campy MTB model which works great as a compact. I did go with lugs rather than the more common TIG.

This is from when I first built it (I decided the white was too 'over-powering')

hh9.JPG

Monument Cycles was the store brand from Criterium Cycle Shop in Colorado Springs.
That's a blast from my past. Growing up in the Springs, the downtown Criterium shop was THE place to go hang out and drool over bikes.

That's a blast from my past. Growing up in the Springs, the downtown Criterium shop was THE place to go hang out and drool over bikes.

When I bought mine, Criterium was on the NW side of town, just west of I25. It was great, with the bike trails right next to the shop. :thumbup:
I think it's still there, but I don't really know.

I have a question for all fellow bike riders. Do you carry a knife when you ride? If yes, where do you carry it. Myself, I usually have a Spyderco Dice clipped in my front right pocket.

I have a question for all fellow bike riders. Do you carry a knife when you ride? If yes, where do you carry it. Myself, I usually have a Spyderco Dice clipped in my front right pocket.

Sometime in my top tube bag or in my backpack. I wear bike cloths with no pockets.

I carry a small leatherman along with my bike multitool in my seat bag, most of my riding is commuting, so I've often got my regular carry knife in my pocket as well

I'm off road every day and carry the usual mountain bike repair kit in my Camelbak Mule.
I picked up this Zillatool Jr at the beginning of last year I think. Nice and light and works well. There is a partially serrated blade hidden by the rock. Also a couple of driver bits and a bottle opener for a couple of post ride brews.
There is some marring on the handle from some other tools it gets stuffed in with and a little rust on the pliers (as shown) but that's it. A miracle actually seeing as I keep the Mule in the refrigerator to keep the bladder from getting funky, so there's a lot of condensation on everything when it gets out in the heat.

vu3CCMC.jpg

Along w/ my knife, I never ride w/o my Topeak Ratchet Rocket Lite. It's the best 20 bucks I've ever spent on a piece of bike kit.

No knives here. I carry a carbon fiber/titanium allen tool, a spare tube, 1 CO2 cartridge with adapter, and a $1 bill for tire patching.

Back