October Vaca, BK6, Amidon Hike (Photo Heavy!)

good stuff!
you were pretty close to Tradewater's stomping grounds, too - he's about 30 miles East on hwy 60, just over the Ky border.
Come think of it, he's further away than that. Closer to 100 miles.

Great pics brother. Nice to see that patrol getting beat on. The scenery sure is beautiful there.

Oh, and that steak looked cooked damn near perfect. :thumbsup:
Thanks man. Patrol Machete worked out great, had a blast using it. Had several more photos, but damn, I think I posted near 180, haha. Took 615. Cooked that steak for 4 minutes, gave her a quarter turn for the grill marks, cooked it another 4 minutes, flipped it over, and did the same. great tasting steak. The oak smoke worked out well.

Thanks for taking us along. Beautiful country and the BKs ainโ€™t too bad either.

Didnโ€™t care for the sequels but First Blood is a classic!

Perhaps Bocephus said it best - the hangovers hurt more than they used to...
Thanks man, it is a pretty area. First Blood is definitely the best. I could not believe I got sick from just a few drinks. I think some sort of combo that day was the culprit. Really not sure, tbh.

That was like I took a mini vacation Dubz. Great pictures and comments as is your usual Brother. Soul mending and Spirit Building
Thanks man. It was hard to narrow it down to those. Had a million chopping photos, haha. Thanks again man, very much appreciated.

so many pictures of tasty things :D
I usually take photos of all meals, but opted not to this time. Not sure why really.

Wow, so many beautiful and tasty pics!
Thanks for taking us along to your cabin and your trails :)

Wow, so many beautiful and tasty pics!
Thanks for taking us along to your cabin and your trails :)
Thanks man. We discover new hiking places there all the time. Need to get going on them, before I can't anymore.

Itโ€™s that time of the year and youโ€™re doing it right! Good food? Check. Good knives? Check. Iโ€™m glad to see that Patrol machete put to use. Itโ€™s well on its way to looking used and earned! Thanks for the great trip!

You really put the 6 to use too. I love the fall colors, the rocks and water. We have a place similar, so Jeannie and I will have to visit it soon!
It was so much fun man. I didn't want to use it as soon as we got there, hard as that was. I wanted to wait for just the right time. Good lighting, feeling great, etc. Plus, getting the wife to take the action shots, haha. It was so much fun to use. I loved the sound of it going through the air before it hit, haha. It was awesome. Bites deep, and the chunks were flying. Thanks again man, much appreciated.

Yes, you and MTM need to do another outing. Your outings are always fun. The wife and I have been wanting to do a hike on the River to River trail in southern Illy. You know, have my mom drop us off, and call her back to come and get us when we tire of it. Stop and fish for food, etc. Bought us a few nice packs about 5 years ago, and have never used them. Both Gregory's too. Really nice packs.

It was so much fun man. I didn't want to use it as soon as we got there, hard as that was. I wanted to wait for just the right time. Good lighting, feeling great, etc. Plus, getting the wife to take the action shots, haha. It was so much fun to use. I loved the sound of it going through the air before it hit, haha. It was awesome. Bites deep, and the chunks were flying. Thanks again man, much appreciated.

Yes, you and MTM need to do another outing. Your outings are always fun. The wife and I have been wanting to do a hike on the River to River trail in southern Illy. You know, have my mom drop us off, and call her back to come and get us when we tire of it. Stop and fish for food, etc. Bought us a few nice packs about 5 years ago, and have never used them. Both Gregory's too. Really nice packs.

You gotta quit talking about it and just do it! Youโ€™ll ride in comfort with those Gregory packs too. We are going to spend the night in the woods next weekend. There will be booze, fire and food. Not necessarily in that order either.

You gotta quit talking about it and just do it! Youโ€™ll ride in comfort with those Gregory packs too. We are going to spend the night in the woods next weekend. There will be booze, fire and food. Not necessarily in that order either.
When I bought those packs, we were in the organizing stages, then I got laid off, and the wife lost her job of 21 years. Wasn't a good time for us at all. Then, since I got the cabin, we haven't done near as many hikes as we used to. Just content to be there, I guess. Need to do it though, you're right.

Make sure to take lotsa photos. ;)

Too much fresh air will do that to you. Makes me want to go fishing, I don't get in nearly enough time on the water.
A mountain trip might be nice though! :)

Back