Oddballs!! Not your usual cutlery!!

Disliking Grapefruit - how Odd!!?? 🤣 🤣
:D Must be a childhood trauma....we used to get served half a g.fruit in its skin, stick your spoon in and almost guaranteed to get a nice acid spray right into the eye :eek:o_O Zestful! Well, that's my story....pretty well the only fruit I do dislike though. However, I think a Grapefuit would be a fine object to mass patinate several carbon knives with :cool:Cuting up Lime or Lemon works a treat so....Grapefuit on!

:D Must be a childhood trauma....we used to get served half a g.fruit in its skin, stick your spoon in and almost guaranteed to get a nice acid spray right into the eye :eek:o_O Zestful! Well, that's my story....pretty well the only fruit I do dislike though. However, I think a Grapefuit would be a fine object to mass patinate several carbon knives with :cool:Cuting up Lime or Lemon works a treat so....Grapefuit on!

That is why I like my Henckels grapefruit spoon. Cuts well so it doesn’t require a lot of force, resulting in little spray.
407E5676-339B-42CB-BA57-A8348E01472E.jpeg

Attachments

• EC87F998-24ED-4C52-81A6-5D7A82A01925.jpeg
    EC87F998-24ED-4C52-81A6-5D7A82A01925.jpeg
    600.8 KB · Views: 0
Late to the party. This is an inoculation knife used for smallpox vaccination. Not something you'd want to use for cutting fruit!
Now that's interesting, I thought it may have been a paper-knife used for cutting pages in books in the c19th/early c20th but those were usually 'fixed' not folders.

Was told s'long as I keep the offending parts covered or hid, I can post my new "PROFESSIONAL SLING SHOT and KNIFE 2-in-1 COMBINATION" knife here. 😁👍
By the way, that really is the manufacturer's (Jin Jun Lang) name for it. It may be accurate (I'm not so sure about the "professional" bit though ...)
(all the pictures are new.)
Charlie, Is this "oddball"/"strange" enough for inclusion? 🤔😂🤣
View attachment 2491719
View attachment 2491720
View attachment 2491722
View attachment 2491787
View attachment 2491789
Added a small splitring and lobster clasp for the "glass breaker" to the OEM sheath. Much easier access than in the little pouch.
View attachment 2491791
Also used a 1.25 inch splitring and a second small lobster clasp to convert the sheath into a dangler, that can be hung on the same size splitring located on the 09:00/21:00 belt loop. 😁👍
View attachment 2491792
To make it "easier" for the staff to bring my trousers back to me, and not make an "an "oops" of giving them to someone else (despite having my name and room number rit on the outside of the front pockets in large letters ...🙄) I put splitrings on some of my belt loops.
I R the only 1 with splitrings on trousers ... and sweatpants ... so far it has worked. 😲
Cool! :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Seems like a good place for me to post a pic of my 'Super Knife'! :D :thumbsup:

Hongjie Super Knife 3.jpg

Hongjie Super Knife.jpg
Nice Grapefruit knife!! You reminded me that I have one also!!
View attachment 2491928
I used to have one nicely made by Remington!! But I gave it to a Remington collector!!
Nice example Charlie :) Still fairly common here, so I have a few myself :) Here's one by John Chatterley :thumbsup:

John Chatterley Grapefruit Knife.JPG
Late to the party. This is an inoculation knife used for smallpox vaccination. Not something you'd want to use for cutting fruit!
Can you supply some more information about this please?

Here's a Cake Knife I gave pmew pmew as a wedding present (I had an identical one, which went to my neighbours for their Gold Wedding Anniversary) :thumbsup:

Cake Knife 1.JPG

The Joseph Rodgers is probably more practical :)

Joseph Rodgers Cake Knife.JPG

You could have laid bricks with this hefty (silver-plated) Falstaff Cake Knife, which I gifted to some friends for their cafe :)

Falstaff Cake Knife 2-4.JPG
Falstaff Cake Knife 2-2.JPG

Another design (I definitely have a few more tucked away, but don't always take pics) :thumbsup:

EPNS Cake Knife 1S.jpg

I've seen people use potatoes, apples, lemons, limes and steak; but never Grapefruits???!!!
Super Patinator????
The Patinator: "I'll be black!!!" 🤣 🤣 🤣

Back