Oddballs!! Not your usual cutlery!!

This big ugly thing is from Crete. It does have a name, but it escapes me I'm afraid. They're still carried, and used there. I sent this one to an old forum member, who asked if he could have it, about 10 years back. His wife took to it, and used it on their farm :thumbsup:

Friction Folder 1S.JPGFriction Folder 2.JPGFriction Folder 4.JPGFriction Folder 6.JPG

Jack I remember when you picked that up - or at least I think it was when you first purchased it- I would have been floating mid air all the way home grabbing that Knife, I think it is an absolutely outstanding piece of ( not super early but early) Cutlery, That is just wonderful, I love the way these Sheffield boys struck their knives with their markings - love it!

My most used oddball knife - stays on my desk and opens the mail nearly everyday. IKCO (Imperial) gift from JerryD long ago. OH
I.K._CO._Letter_opener_knife.jpg

I don't get it!! :rolleyes:

Blade delete??

LOL! 🤣 :thumbsup:

Isn't there usually an UN-X-LD stamp on the endcap?

- GT
You get the cigar Gary ;) :thumbsup:

Jack I remember when you picked that up - or at least I think it was when you first purchased it- I would have been floating mid air all the way home grabbing that Knife, I think it is an absolutely outstanding piece of ( not super early but early) Cutlery, That is just wonderful, I love the way these Sheffield boys struck their knives with their markings - love it!
I can't even remember where I bought it now Duncan, but I was very pleased with it :) I showed it to Stan, and he said, "They've built it wrong way round!" 🤣🤣🤣:thumbsup:
My most used oddball knife - stays on my desk and opens the mail nearly everyday. IKCO (Imperial) gift from JerryD long ago. OH
I.K._CO._Letter_opener_knife.jpg
Very cool :cool: :thumbsup:
Imperial Caplifter jack, made many years before Caplifters were cool. OH
Imperial_-_Cap_Lifter_Jack_(1).jpg

My first knife pattern, from the 1950's :thumbsup:

Richards Boy's Knife 1-2.JPGRichards Boy's Knife 2-1.JPG
Richards Boy's Knife 1-3.JPGRichards Boy's Knife 2-4.JPG
Of course Colonial had a version too, the Sport Pal. A little one-ups-man-ship by adding a can opener too. OH
Colonial_Sport-Pal_Stainless.jpg
😎:thumbsup:
Jack that is a super cool knife!
Thanks mate :) :thumbsup:
Colonial #18 figural - Peterbilt Trucking. OH
Colonial-18-Truck-Knife.jpg
That's VERY cool :cool: :thumbsup:

How about this one, pretty unusual? :) :thumbsup:

Union Cut Co Moore Oil Electricians Knife 1-1.JPG

An Ulster Sportsman/Horseman knife!! Most were made in Sheffield, and had Stag or Horn Handles!! This one was made in the USA, by Ulster; 'two thick' with synthetic handles!!
I call it the "Poor Man's Horseman"!! Nicely fitted actually!!Ulster.jpg

Back