Of course, it's all Clay's fault

After going through the Balisong Xtreme site and gawping at the mpegs, I thought "yeah, that looks like fun".

Being in England, Bali's are difficult to get hold of (being classed as illegal weapons in the same category as assault rifles), so I just grabbed a cheap Munga Kris thing. It got delivered this morning. A few hours later, my hands are banged up. Certainly shows my fingers aren't as dextrous as I thought.

So this is really just to thank Clay for providing the site for a complete beginner's guide to destroying your index finger :).

(Guess who couldn't be bothered to tape the blade)

Clay has snared many a surfer who was just passing by his site. Eventually we all end up here.

Originally posted by shortgoth
(Guess who couldn't be bothered to tape the blade)

You're not alone there - and I even was told over the phone by another bali-swinger here to TAPE THAT BLADE!!! :)

It only took two index finger cuts and a slice across the pinky before I realized that yes, Virginia, I really am a beginner :rolleyes:

Matthew

Yes, Clay certainly has put together an incredible resource. It's a huge part of the resurgance that the balisong has enjoyed recently and I for one want to thank him again for it. I know that he puts a lot of effort and, quite frankly, his own money into that site. He's done a great thing.

Hmmmmm.............

It's hard to tell whether these are the true heartfelt "thank you's" of people that learned a trick or two from me...........

............ or just the sarcastic "thank-you's" of people with heavily bandaged fingers and empty bank accounts (I get that a lot).

I think I'll stay positive and go with the former.

And the pleasure is all mine!

I'll be brutally honest with you guys. It was Clay that got me into the balisong game. Or, more accurately, BalisongXtreme.com. I can remember going into a small shop in the local mall and seeing the Jaguar Classics they had behind the counter and just thinking, "Hmm, butterfly knives...Cool." :D
Next thing I knew, I was surfing the web and found Sniperboy's 5-foot balisong page. (Long story, but it was a weapon used in a Japanese Manga by a female cyborg named Gally. :D ) After that, I punched in Google.com and found Clay's site. Right away, I knew I had to get one of the Jaguar's I saw in the dsplay case at the mall and practice. Well, not long after I bought that Jag, I scraped a bit of skin with the serrated part of the edge (serrations are bad, mmkay? :D ). Not long after, I dropped the knife tip-first into by shin. Nothing was broken, but I bled for about a half-hour. :eek:. Out went that Jag. Later on, I bought another classic, this time without serrations. It got loose and I didn't have the tools or the time to fix it, so in the can it went. I got to thinking, "Man, there HAS to be something better out there...
A few days later, I found Benchmade's web site, and the rest is history. I wound up at Chuck's site next, and eventually here. I learned more about the history of the balisong, who and what were involved in the knife's history, and who made one. After two failed attempts to acquire a BM42, my dear wife (kisskiss) bought me my first quality bali, the BM42 I use for EDC. Not a week after that, I bought a Deluxe sheath from Clay, and am about to have that very same 42 customized by a well-known artisan.
Clay, thanks for hooking me and dragging me into the world of the balisong. I'd hug ya, but you're bigger than I am, and you might break a couple ribs or more... :eek: :barf: :D

One more thing. Thanks to all the members of this great forum, and this great message board. You guys are like a family to me, although I might not ever get to meet any of you in person.:rolleyes: ;) :D

Balisongxtreme snared me and I've been a happy little addict ever since.

Well, my hand is currently healing from 9 puncture wounds (aerials, owie... at least the thing is light enough that it doesn't stick too deeply), and I've got the Roton Monarch in my sights (but $50 in my pocket :()...

But I can honestly say that I've enjoyed every second of it! :)

So thanks a bunch Clay! I couldn't have mauled myself and had fun doing it without ya an' yer site! :) (and wouldn't have if I had listened to the part about taping the blade)

Clay, hehe, atleast for me it's a heartfelt "thank you". I like the page a lot..

But tape the blade is not for me, I think the trix dosen't feel the same with tape on the blade.. I insted pulls the knife edge over some concreat to make it less sharp, hehe.. Maybe not recommended for a BM or other expensive knife, but for a cheap Jaguar.

Add me on as another one of the lucky to be pulled in by balisongxtreme. Now, there are dozens of people who agree... "Stop making that awful noise!" Plus my hands look like I've been getting too friendly with a blender. Not to mention the fact that I'm broke. Come to think of it my life sucks now... Yeah... thanks a lot Clay :rolleyes: :D

Lots of you people have got broke and damaged your hands. But how many of you have damaged you floors. Hehe, I think I'll have to buy a new floor on the office after the aerial traing..

LOL!
Well, I just wanted to thank you too, Clay. If it wasn't for you, I don't think I'd be in this balisong 'land'. ;)

I'm not broke, my hands aren't that bad (I'm too good. ...or too much of a pussy... Can't remember. ;)), and balisongs are illegal in Norway. :p But anyway, I'm thankful. :D

Now where are those new freestyle vids you promised us?? :rolleyes:

I think Blasto may be right life does suck but I'm enjoying it more than even I will ever know.

Last year when I saw my friend's jag I thought it was the greatest invention ever. Now, after buying my 42 and on the way to my tachyon I blame balisongxtreme for my increasing habit.

Little does the average person know, but hidden inside Clay's and Chuck's sites are secret subliminal messages designed to get you to flip balisongs and buy them at a furious pace.

Benchmade and Michrotech are very interested in this technology but Clay is keeping it to himself in order to create a giant army of super-human bali-twirling zombies bent on world conquest.

The forumites are the only ones powerful enough to stop them, but I fear that too many have already slipped over to the dark side.

I may have to do this myself....

I doubt I'm strong to stop either Clay or Chuck...

Always two there are, no more, no less...a master and an apprentice.

But which is the master, and which is the apprentice?? :D

I must say that I was interested in balisongs before I found Clay's site (I even figured out some basic openings on my own which turned out to be exactly the same as what Clay had) but once I found his site my love of the balisong rocketed and I absorbed everything I could from his site, then I moved on to Chuck's site and absorbed all that information too :D Now I just create my own stuff and try not to poke my eyes out with a couple of my (insanely stupid) aerials. :D :D

bout time to see you back around here. It's good to have the Air Marshall back in town.

Welcome back Air Cameron.... So, any new ariels from your self imposed exile to master the art of balisong? :D

Welcome back Cam. I figured you were in the mountains somewhere studying Zen and the art of the Biting Butterfly.

I gotta 'Give it up for Clay'! He too was the reason I got into Bali-songs!
One day I decided I wanted to get one (cheapy from a G.I. store) so I checked the web, and found Clays site :) I have been flippin' since. I have gone through about 3 jags, and now have a 42 and 47. 40T, 31, and Tachyon comming as soon as I can afford them :)
Then after that, some 'collectable' bali's like a 49 or something :) Maybe a complete custom built to my specs :)
Gotta go, need to keep day dreaming :)

Thanks again Clay!

Shrubba

Back