Off topic: Armour all?

You'd better put that heineken bottle on a coaster and not the good furniture if you know what's good for you!:D :D :eek:

-Craig

Oh, BTW Firkin: When does it become a "James" Bond?!? HEE-HEE ( sorry I couldn't resist-- but seriously thanks for the technical info!)

I don't have any good furniture. The spot on the desk where I put the Heineken bottle has had a lot of bubbles pop up on the surface. Of course, the desk is made out of glue and sawdust with the fake look like oak finish.

When does it become a "James" Bond?!?

When Jim's *ss in in the fire if he don't do what he said he would...

that was stinky--enough punishment?

I use Mequiar's Gold Class, Leather cleaner and conditioner. Everyone to his own poison but, this stuff seems to me to be easier to use than saddle soap. If the leather is very dirty the rags used get pretty nasty looking. I usually have plenty of rags around here. I don't worry about useing 100% cotton towels either.:)

I've got plenty of rags, too. I wear them everyday.

Hey, me too! Trouble is I use 'em to wipe stuff off while I'm wearing 'em. I reckon getting married curbs that habit. :)

not really.

I can't see spending money on clothes when Khukuris and firearms are still available.

I wear clothes until someone takes pity on me and buys me some more. In this way I don't have to worry about it. Course, I can't be too particular about what they buy, either...

munk

I read in a tabloid at the grocery store that WD40 was good for arthritis. Just spray it on the afflicted area and let it go to work. (I am not REALLY suggesting this)

On second thought, I am having a problem with my right shoulder . . . . will get back to you with a field review.

Bill Marsh

I was in a crowded elevator recently and got pushed back against a well-dressed guy in a suit. As we collided, the smell of Hoppe's Nitro Powder solvent coming from him became evident.

Before thinking, I asked, "What's your carry piece?" He did not reply, but quickly got off the elevator at the next stop.

We do have legal CCW in Georgia, but it might be good to also cover up distinctive smells of oils and solvents, or do like the Japanese and add a little clove oil.

I am gonna mix some with the WD40 on my shoulder.....

Bill Marsh

The gent on the elevator could benefit greatly from Yvsa's advice on the use of Ballistol.:D Then, too, you could all use Ben Gay and no one could smell anything else in your vicinity....but they wouldn't let you on crowded elevators:barf:

A firearms guy would have answered the question, "what's your carrying peice?" A guy who has one because he figures he needs it and doesn't care about the art might act the way that idiot did. On the other hand, the solvent smells indicate at least the ability to clean ..hmm.. a GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE might act like that.

I don't know anything. I know most people who use and admire firearms are generally a great group, intelligent, open, honest. But I'm spoiled.

I think khukuri users are the same.

munk

Don't ask me...I thought all you crazy desert loons were connected by a red phone system..a kind of hot line..can't you just press a button?

munk

Many of the folks on the "Dirt" (Dodge Ram Truck) mailing list swear by a product called 303.
The website is here 303 Products

I've used it and have had no problems, but don't know whether it's any better than anything else to prevent sun damage.

Steve Ferguson

Get back to you later. I've got to dye the big BAS scabbard, tighten up the leather and superglue it, then apply oil to it - and my wife keeps interrupting, wanting a massage.

Back