Off-Topic Beckerhead Chat, Home of the Land Snark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a copy of Tactical Knives magazine. There is a full page ad right inside the front cover for ESEE knives and one of the pictures shows 3 guys decked out in full camo with weapons. They are kneeling down while one of them checks a map and the guy with the map has the barrel of his AR 15 jammed in the dirt....

Picked up a copy of Tactical Knives magazine. There is a full page ad right inside the front cover for ESEE knives and one of the pictures shows 3 guys decked out in full camo with weapons. They are kneeling down while one of them checks a map and the guy with the map has the barrel of his AR 15 jammed in the dirt....

Not cool, I don't like when I can tell the guys in the photo look like they don't know jack shyt. I hate it even more in movies when I see them doing the wrong thing.

Just did a quick google image search and found the ad you're talking about...... it might not actually be in the dirt, but that does look a little silly.

I know the Machax hasn't been released because of the sheaths........ so what's the hold up with the BK14 scales?

Is there some reason Kabar has to release the two at the same time?

The BK14 scales were dulling the Machax sheaths which were dulling the Machax. It's complete pandemonium at KA-BAR right now. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

I know the Machax hasn't been released because of the sheaths........

First I've heard of this. Are they having dulling issues like the BK11's? If so, I'm glad they're addressing it before release. That's Kabar taking care of their customers (and thereby themselves!)

-Daizee

UPDATE: this sheath rumor is HOOEY!
apparently the only thing wrong with the sheaths is that they don't exist yet.
*sheesh* some people spread confusion like I spread cream cheese.

Last edited:
P1040382.jpg

someone really likes this idea :)

it's like canning fruit... but different :>

I should have known better than to ask something that can be snarked back at me :p

Let's try this again: Does anyone know where they still sell the old BPA bottles cheap?

probably dollar stores. if you want Nalgene branded: yardsales, closeouts, and perhaps places that are dumping old stock.

in theory, the whole industry dumped that plastic so no new ones are being made.

course, any $1-5 bottle at target, wally, or wherever, (dollar store), should work fine.

First I've heard of this. Are they having dulling issues like the BK11's? If so, I'm glad they're addressing it before release. That's Kabar taking care of their customers (and thereby themselves!)

-Daizee

No I think the sheaths are fine, I believe they just didn't have them from the manufacturer yet.

probably dollar stores. if you want Nalgene branded: yardsales, closeouts, and perhaps places that are dumping old stock.

in theory, the whole industry dumped that plastic so no new ones are being made.

course, any $1-5 bottle at target, wally, or wherever, (dollar store), should work fine.

I have a ton of 500 mL- 1L Corning reagent bottle at work. I was given leave to take a few (we go through dozens in a week). But now I don't have what the cool kids have.

First I've heard of this. Are they having dulling issues like the BK11's? If so, I'm glad they're addressing it before release.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

There has been no indication that KA-BAR is having trouble with the Machax sheaths; that was just a dopey joke I was making.

Ugh the waiting is killing me. Waiting for my gun, waiting for the machax, waiting for the weekend.....its just a damn shame.

Ugh the waiting is killing me. Waiting for my gun, waiting for the machax, waiting for the weekend.....its just a damn shame.

Been waiting 3 wees for my damned MSS a buddy said he sent to me and still haven't received so, I know the feeling bro!

I have a ton of 500 mL- 1L Corning reagent bottle at work. I was given leave to take a few (we go through dozens in a week). But now I don't have what the cool kids have.

those are even cooler - i have a few small ones.

typically, they're tougher too.

we're using shitty old bottles because that's what we have, often paid good money for them, and don't have anything else :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back