Off Topic NEW - Beckerhead Chat - With a full daily dose of new and improved snark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure like that finish Dubz. It looks just like forge oxidation. I'll bet it holds up pretty good too.
I love it tw. Freakin' sweet. I like that worn, used look, even though it's new. Yeah, that finish is pretty tough. I do like when the forge marks are left there too. That's an awesome look.

I love it tw. Freakin' sweet. I like that worn, used look, even though it's new. Yeah, that finish is pretty tough. I do like when the forge marks are left there too. That's an awesome look.

I feel the same way. Makes me wanna use em. Unlike nice pretty finishes that make me wanna not mess em up.

Thanks for the kind words guys. My goal when I started making back in March was to produce a using knife with good performance at an affordable price.
Warrior is right, I use clorox and gun blue for the finish. I do it for protection plus I think it gives it a used look that people won't mind scratching up.
Guyon, I do batches and usually take orders. Im just taking a month off from orders so I can come up with some new designs and try some new things out plus spend some time with the family for the Holidays. I usually do five or so at a time. Since Im part time orders usually keep me pretty busy but I try to squeeze a few in there to post up on the forum for sale.

I need to hang out here more. I have a Becker BK2 that I love. Ive actually been wanting to find an older beater and try to do some mods on one. Probably regrind to a convex and do some other things. Plus Moose lives up the road from me...I know, Im blessed!

Nice looking blade Tradewater!

Last edited:
Anyone know of a way tl make homemade molle clips or webbing? I was expecting my maxped straps today but they didn't come so I'm trying to figure a way to put my fr-1 pouch on my monsoon. What ideas you guys got? Just plain old cord? Or something a little more mcgiver-ish

Ive used zip ties in a pinch clich. In fact, I always use a zip tie along with my normal means of connection just to be safe.

Still no snow!! :(

Artificial snow on the ski slopes is costing 1 million Euro a day here!

Ive used zip ties in a pinch clich. In fact, I always use a zip tie along with my normal means of connection just to be safe.

Damn I didn't even think about that. Thanks man

Got me a Leatherman Squirt PS4 last weekend and am thinking it may replace my slipjoints as my EDC. It's not "cool" like a slipjoint but holy bacon hell is it ever uber useful.

Got me a Leatherman Squirt PS4 last weekend and am thinking it may replace my slipjoints as my EDC. It's not "cool" like a slipjoint but holy bacon hell is it ever uber useful.

I agree! I don't have a squirt, but my buddy got me a skeletool. I've been backpocket carrying it in addition to the Razel I have on loan. Damn handy combo.

Going on a short trip to the parent's today to partake of a belated turkey-day feast. I'm sure I'll gain about 10# from the meal. Excited.

There's a real nice Blind Horse Bushcrafter with curly maple scales in the exchange, great price. I don't need another one.

woo first page and within the first 1000 ;)

Is it still the first page? I wanna be on the first page too. :D

Fal'er how do you like those BHK knives?

My newest knife -- showed in the mail today. W1 and horse stall mat.
227018_202317539810672_120263071349453_504588_2443756_n.jpg

I traded some leatherwork with the maker back in May - and thanks to the Joplin tornado was not able to deliver my end of things until the end of August/early September.
His end of the deal showed up this afternoon -- wish I'd had this thing at the gathering, it would have been fun putting it through the rodeo.

Hi KFU, I like your philosophy. I got started around the same time for the same reasons. You got to market first, nice job!

Good luck, Clich. I left 'em all out there for ya. :-(
Skunked again, and with a custom hunting knife this year too.
Deer must fear me more than everyone else. Yeah yeah, that's the ticket.

-Daizee

Well since Flexxx hasn't posted up any pix of an ESEE knife yet I guess I will, but I'm just showing off the set of liners he sent me for this here RC3. :D

DSC08938.jpg

DSC08936.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back