Official Pen Knife Review Thread

Just yanking your chain a little bit there Eric!:D

The box is already labled, waiting to go...oh wait, I have to put the knife in the box yet!;)

Here are two more pics from Shappa:

pen-ak.JPG

---

pen-onion.JPG

Originally posted by shappa
Just yanking your chain a little bit there Eric!:D

The box is already labled, waiting to go...oh wait, I have to put the knife in the box yet!;)

Are you kidding? I'm excited about the box! ;)

Eric, it's on it's way. Sorry about missing my deadline.
I didn't sharpen or polish it up any. I figured you'd want to do that. :D I got to do what I wanted with it...try it out in the kitchen.

:D

Here is a pic of Tom (Shappa) the Pen knife and his AK:

tom-khuk2.JPG

Heber, thanks for posting that pic for me.

You said I should post a pic of my collection...um, that IS my collection of Khuks. Gotta start somewhere.:p Somewhere out there is a siru waiting to be made and it will make it's way to me. It'll happen, just not yet.

I have other custom knives. I'm partial to small fixed blades. Lightfoot, Nealy, Irie, Branton, Folts, Rinaldi, Bernard are some of my customs.

Anyway that's a pic of me...is it what you expected? lol

I've always wanted to learn how to juggle! I don't think I'll start with these tho.:eek:
I took one self portrait with the khuks in front of me in a shaded area. They looked washed out against the gray of the t-shirt.

That certainly is an interesting wall for a background...:D

Where did you find so much "green"...?:eek:

Eric, the usps site says they tried to deliver it.

We attempted to deliver your item at 9:51 am on May 08, 2003 in MEXICAN SPRINGS, NM 87320 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Status is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Go get it dude...

Pen knife and box arrived save and sound. Box now weighs more than the knife. 26", 18oz, good fit and finish :D

Arrived reasonably sharp, except for the last inch toward the tip. Has anyone sharpened this area? Does anyone (Pen) mind if I do?

Any good khukuri user would try the chakma first. :D

(I thought you were still talking about the box.) :)

Pen) mind if I do?

Dan is out of town on business this week, at least that is what is post said, last Friday, when making avatars.

IIRC , when this pass around started, he said do what you will with it, it will be interesting to see what happens to it, on its travels.

Originally posted by Tohatchi NM
Arrived reasonably sharp, except for the last inch toward the tip. Has anyone sharpened this area? Does anyone (Pen) mind if I do?

Tohatchi, go ahead and sharpen it.

See Ics37' post below. That's exactly what Dan said, you won't be the first to sharpen it.
Depending on how I feel it may not leave here unchanged either.;)

Originally posted by BruiseLeee
Any good khukuri user would try the chakma first. :D

(I thought you were still talking about the box.) :)

Tried.

Either the box is too hard, or the chamka is too soft. :p

Back