Old Friends Friday

My Law School fixed blade. Over twenty years old. It wasn't very new then.
PNq87J4.jpg

QQ5zDXP.jpg

[I just noticed it says USA on it, which suggests I didn't notice when I bought it, which suggests I bought it a very long time ago indeed.]
That's my kind of Law School Jer! :D :thumbsup:
Grandpa’s, Dad’s, Mine:
rdLOfjZ.jpeg
Really cool :cool: :thumbsup:
The binoculars are 60 years old, info from the inter-web shows that the FB is 15 years older than that.
This week both were used several times and each time it was rewarding to have such good old friends.

Ca2sFFC.jpg
Wonderful James :) :thumbsup:

I can't remember now if I've been carrying the wonderful Cosimo Del Bendetto Lambsfoot, that a bunch of my fellow Guardians gifted me, for one week now or two, but I thought I'd drop an old friend in my pocket today :) :thumbsup:

NE77TnQ.jpg

I think this is a file stuck through a pipe-cap into a dowel, but it's very well done. Also well used, and with traces of plating.
The thick spine flat ground to a cutting edge is one of the things I like about my CS new friend, too.
FBWz71F.jpg
That looks cool Jer, it reminds me of a knife Tool Man gave me, when I first knew him, which he found among a bunch of old tools he'd bought. It looked like a prison 'shank'! 😱😁😉👍

This is my mid 1970s Vic Woodsman, similar to the current Huntsman but without the toothpick and tweezers. My wife bought this for me. She said she spent a long time looking at the different models to decide which one she thought I would like best. She did a good job! I had a Zermatt pouch for it, which wore out, and this is a modern replacement that includes a mini steel. As it is such a treasured knife I no longer carry it. Instead, I carry a Fieldmaster every day, which is almost identical except for the Phillips driver in place of the corkscrew. I get a lot more use out of the Phillips, but every time I come across a jammed knot I wish I had the corkscrew!

53618811878_daf1d3f1fa_b.jpg

This is my mid 1970s Vic Woodsman, similar to the current Huntsman but without the toothpick and tweezers. My wife bought this for me. She said she spent a long time looking at the different models to decide which one she thought I would like best. She did a good job! I had a Zermatt pouch for it, which wore out, and this is a modern replacement that includes a mini steel. As it is such a treasured knife I no longer carry it. Instead, I carry a Fieldmaster every day, which is almost identical except for the Phillips driver in place of the corkscrew. I get a lot more use out of the Phillips, but every time I come across a jammed knot I wish I had the corkscrew!

53618811878_daf1d3f1fa_b.jpg
Sweet story buddy, thanks for sharing it :) That's a special knife :thumbsup:
Big oil field jack today

R06ueFZ.jpg
Looking good Jeff :)

A gift from my old pal JohnDF JohnDF :)

Nice Queen, Jack! I'd give it a 10 (0-10 scale). Now you are more than halfway to a straight. ;)
It would be good to see more of JohnDF.

Here is an Old Friend on a slip made by John. The knife is called an Indian River Jack. It's made from CPM154 and is aging well.

RrFFbgG.jpg
LOL! :D Yes, if anyone lives near him, please go round and burst his beanbags! 🤣 Beautiful photo my friend :) I carry m Hartshead Barlow in one of John's slips :) :thumbsup:
Fairmount cut co.
pidZs48.jpg

aDJQbQU.jpg
Interesting Jer :cool: :thumbsup:

This is my old friend. I’ve posted it on here many times. So, nothing new for sure. I’ve had this Parker/Marbles Tak Fukata lockback for 30 or so years. I have carried it the majority of that with a couple of other knives in the rotation for many years. But, this has had as much carry as anything I have. I love its size for edc, and the shape of the blade (thinner over the years, lol). The water buffalo handles need some love, or a complete rescaling. I’ll probably never do it. I’m pleased with how the years have treated the ole boy. Anyway, he certainly is an old friend. 1712354533525.png

This is my old friend. I’ve posted it on here many times. So, nothing new for sure. I’ve had this Parker/Marbles Tak Fukata lockback for 30 or so years. I have carried it the majority of that with a couple of other knives in the rotation for many years. But, this has had as much carry as anything I have. I love its size for edc, and the shape of the blade (thinner over the years, lol). The water buffalo handles need some love, or a complete rescaling. I’ll probably never do it. I’m pleased with how the years have treated the ole boy. Anyway, he certainly is an old friend. View attachment 2544064
Great post Eric, that's an interesting Old Friend :) :thumbsup:

Back