"Old Knives"

Me too John. If it wasn't for some friends here, I'd probably stop. Of course I haven't gotten anything more to post.:):)

Same here Lyle! I haven't even tried to post a photo since this all started up. I hate to erase all the older pics I've posted over over the years, many of which I don't have anymore. I'd bet 99% of my pics are in this sub-forum.

Dave

I haven't been in Traditionals every day - just the way life is going right now, I don't quite understand what is going on with the loading of pictures or the scary talk of removing some of my older photo's? haven't we had a bad enough time with Photobucket - I hope that doesn't happen again?
Is there a link I can use to go and find out exactly what is happening folks?

Added a 3 1/4" E.C.Simmons KeenKutter sheepsfoot jack, pattern 2244. Looks to be a fairly old one with hammered pins. Quite a curve to it with great bone, really nice small knife.

What an elegant little swayback!
I haven't been in Traditionals every day - just the way life is going right now, I don't quite understand what is going on with the loading of pictures or the scary talk of removing some of my older photo's? haven't we had a bad enough time with Photobucket - I hope that doesn't happen again?
Is there a link I can use to go and find out exactly what is happening folks?

As far as I know, your images will stay, unless you remove them. You just might not be able to post new images by uploading directly.

Showing for me on a laptop Dave, I think its a glitch due to us having to use an off site hosting service now. I've kind of stopped posting because of it.
Please don't quit posting, Augie, Lyle and Dave! You all always have great knives to post. When I first joined Blade Forums in 2008, the only way I could post was from an image hosting site. After a few years Spark made an announcement that he had enough server space for us to post directly and I switched to that. Now I have gone back to an image hosting site. I use Imgur and it is quite simple.

Please don't quit posting, Augie, Lyle and Dave! You all always have great knives to post. When I first joined Blade Forums in 2008, the only way I could post was from an image hosting site. After a few years Spark made an announcement that he had enough server space for us to post directly and I switched to that. Now I have gone back to an image hosting site. I use Imgur and it is quite simple.
I may continue to post directly from images on my computer, as always, but on a much more limited basis, and will sometimes reduce the size of the file for that purpose. Meanwhile, I have spent three days going back and deleting my images from BladeForums and can now post again, but I have no idea how to find out how many MBs I have yet available to me at any given time. Is that information available on my profile or somewhere else? Also, I will be more diligent about deleting images once they are a week or so old.

I may continue to post directly from images on my computer, as always, but on a much more limited basis, and will sometimes reduce the size of the file for that purpose. Meanwhile, I have spent three days going back and deleting my images from BladeForums and can now post again, but I have no idea how to find out how many MBs I have yet available to me at any given time. Is that information available on my profile or somewhere else? Also, I will be more diligent about deleting images once they are a week or so old.
Glad to hear you will still be posting pics, Cal!đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Here are a couple of old knives I picked up at the Badger Knife Show this weekend.

I thought this Shapleigh’s wood-handled advertising knife was interesting and in pretty good shape. I know this same pattern was offered as Shapleigh’s “Every Boy” knife. I tried to find some info on R Grocer Rite-Way Food Stores but could only find a few tidbits here and there. Sounds like it was a small chain of grocery stores in Iowa and southern Minnesota in the 1930s and 1940s.

EXK8L0P.jpg

0w1Va74.jpg

Aq2wpVZ.jpg

Interesting closed back design.

gfii7Mt.jpg

I also picked up this little New York Knife Co. Hammer Brand folder, which I thought had a lot of likeable features, such as the grooved bolsters and easy open notch. Far from mint, but certainly not worn out, either. It’s a small one at 2 7/8” closed.

N4iH2Ny.jpg

GMD7Zop.jpg

IpSgv5T.jpg

Edited to add: The main blade has the number 24 stamped on the backside of the tang.

Last edited:
So it's not just me this is happening to! I was thinking about going back and deleting older pictures too Cal... but I hate it when I visit an old thread and the pictures aren't there. Similar to the "image purge" that happened prior to me joining BF. Looking at the original pages (1, 2, 3...) of this thread alone is painful without seeing the old beauties people were posting back when Vince (VCM3) started this thread in 2008.

To answer your question... if you go to your settings and click on "Attachments"... in the lower right corner it will show how many MB's you have and what is allowed.

I was going to post a screen capture of it... but I can't LoL

I think I would have to delete over 3500 pictures... which I am not going to do LoL

So I guess I need to get Imgur... I'm grrrrrrrr :mad:

I was very worried seeing all this about the photo's, it seems that I won't be affected as I use Imgur, at least I am hoping this is so, as I literally have thousands of photo's posted as well.
To our good friends- please don't wipe your photo's so you can continue posting, simply use a place like Imgur to store and use the image links to post photos on forums and such like our great place we have here.
Old Knife content..

It's been a while since I visited my scouts, so please bear with me 🤪

Top of the crop Brass bushed royalty by Robeson..

Eupjxd6.jpg

e4usx2X.jpg

KZp1PpT.jpg

Another beauty is this Buffalo Bill NYK ( I see others described as Cody's - I am sure the etch on the blade says Buffalo Bill)

RIv4iRY.jpg

Vv60xec.jpg

gZ2G39x.jpg

I managed to pick up another extremely tidy example of the above( photos show wipe scratches that are very hard to see " in the flesh"
This one has the more ornate Spiral Punch.

I have had these buried for quite some time now since my last maintenance oil & Wax, not sure with this if it has Cody etched - must dig them out some stage and check this.

vADzvoH.jpg

4mtxuPl.jpg

p96kvY2.jpg

Terrible lighting sorry..
cF838Wx.jpg

1I3rLqg.jpg

Back