One Knife Life

I carried only one knife for over 10 years on both sides of the Pacific Ocean; it was a Victorinox Spartan SAK. At the time, I wasn't into knives much and focusing on other interests, but that SAK served me well those years. The thing is, because it's a SAK, it was not a one-trick pony like a cutting blade-only knife. So I had a level of versatility that allowed me to accomplish many different types of tasks, which made it even easier to be my only knife. I also really came to appreciate the knife I did have.

Of course, I eventually got back into knives again, and now couldn't really see myself with only one knife. But if I had to go one knife only again, it would be a SAK.

OP, if you want to have only one (pocket)knife only in your life, give it a try.

Jim

One knife is all you need, but the knife collecting hobby isn't about need. I carried just one knife for many years in my younger days, but these days I rotate to be able to play with all my toys.

One knife for the car.
One knife for the tool bag.
One knife for the laptop/edc bag.
One knife for the tool drawer.
One knife for the pocket.
One knife for Monday.
One knife for Tuesday.
One knife for.... never mind...you get the idea...one knife is plenty.

That's like having one gf when you're marooned on an island with 10,000 beautiful native girls. Nope, not for me.

Sounds a bit scary too "Baby...baby..it's not you..it's the 9999 others I could be with." :D

Sounds a bit scary too "Baby...baby..it's not you..it's the 9999 others I could be with." :D
Or, "Honey, your the girl for me, honest. Those ten thousand...well, you know they don't mean anything..."

Last edited:
I feel like I could go down to one folder for EDC but I doubt that I ever would. I own a few different folders but carry my Benchmade Mini Barrage 97% of the time while my other four sit idle. I guess I like having the option to choose.

Back