One Stick, No Knife Firebow

Very cool. Next, let's see it without the stick!

That's what the wife said after the son was born.:D

Thanks for all of your tutorials Rick.:thumbup:

How the hell did I miss this one:confused:

Your good with wood Rick, I don't care what your wife says about you:thumbup:

Good stuff Rick!:thumbup:

I'm a fan of the split-stick fireboard. Very quick and versatile. You can also use a straight stick and saw perpendicular to create the same results.

One thing I noticed, and you probably know this but I thought it was worth mentioning, was the nipple forming at the tip of the spindle.
This is a sign that the notch is dead center of the spindle, a bit too close, and although it works, it also eats through spindles and fireboards.

Weather's looking good around you! We're on our second beautifully warm and sunny day! Great weekend so far!:D

One thing I noticed, and you probably know this but I thought it was worth mentioning, was the nipple forming at the tip of the spindle.
This is a sign that the notch is dead center of the spindle, a bit too close, and although it works, it also eats through spindles and fireboards.

I was aware of that.(Afterwards) The spindle wandered up on me:jerkit: ahem... yeah that's it... not ideal, but effective.

Weather's looking good around you! We're on our second beautifully warm and sunny day! Great weekend so far!:D

This is an old thread... I think that was at the begining of the summer.

****** actually it was 08-24-09*******

Rick

Thanks Rick!!
You need to write a book and get all of this in one place.
So much INFO!!
RP#141

Yeah I missed this one first time around too! Great post. I love how keep it authentiic with those Fred Flintstoes.:barf:

Very cool. How did I miss this thread the first time, too?

So much to learn...

i remeber this thread....i think mistwalker did a follow up...id find it but im lazy. great post though rick!

Back