opeRATion eRATication . . . Huh??? . . . What does that mean?. . . .

opeRATion eRATication ? ? ? ? ?

. . . . Seriously, what does that mean? ? ? ? :confused: :confused: o_O

The entire Busse Shop smells like the Swamp upon which it was built!!!!:eek:

Rats are everywhere. . . gnawing on wires. . . tearing everything up!!!!:eek:

The HOGs are preparing for battle!!!. . . . . And the Dogs are barking that they are in this to win it!!!:cool:

Let's Drink!!!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D

RAT + RAT = suggests there will be 2 Swamp Rat Knife Releases

The Swamp was founded upon Res-c handled SR-101 knives at rock bottom pricing), released in all black originally like the Black Swamp that once occupied the land the shop rests upon.

Swamp RAT battle RAT - one of the first 3 knives offered on the Swamp Rat website.

battleratsm.jpg

Battle Rat - $148.95
Patterned after the infamous Busse Combat Battle Mistress, the Battle Rat is the flagship of the Swamp Rat line. For those who like everything bigger, better, and badder... this is the only choice for you.

This knife is the epitome of "rat resilience". Known as "fierce survivors", rats are the most resilient mammals on the planet. In order to survive, they will squeeze through a hole the size of a quarter, scale brick walls, swim for over a half a mile and then tread water for three days, gnaw through lead pipes, cinder blocks, and glass using chisel-like teeth that exert an unbelievable pressure of 24,000 pounds per square inch, withstand being flushed down a toilet, enter a home using the same route, and even plummet five stories to the ground without a scratch. They have adapted to not only survive, but thrive in unsurvivable situations... including surviving atomic blasts. After WWII, the U.S. carried out atomic bomb testing in the Enjwetok Atoll. Enormous craters were formed, the vegetation was eliminated, and the atolls were engulfed with giant waves. Each blast spread lethal radiation beneath the mushroom clouds. The small islet of Engebi was one of the worst hit. On this islet lived our hero... the rat. A couple years after the holocaust, biologists returned to Engebi. Everything they found, plant life, fish, soil, etc., contained radioactive substances. It was assumed that all animal life had perished. Yet, somehow, the island abounded with rats! They were not maimed or genetically deformed. They had actually adapted to their new environment and, at the same time, increased their life spans beyond what is considered normal for a rat.

The Battle Rat knife possesses these same characteristics. Nothing can kill it. It will withstand falls, gnaw through cinder blocks, and survive nuclear blasts. This big, 9-1/2" long, wide-bodied Bowie is setting performance standards that blades costing three times as much can only dream of achieving. The ultra wide blade offers unbelievable cutting and slicing ability, while the differentially tempered blade delivers untouchable toughness and durability. The shock absorbing Resiprene C handle will absorb the majority of the impact and will allow for extended use with less fatigue. When you need the ultimate survival knife, the Battle Rat will prove to be the ultimate in angry steel.

Swamp RAT BOG Dog.... substitute the H in HOG for a B, spells BOG - Though not the same, bogs are similar to swamps.

From Original Swamp Rat Website Homepage:

"Welcome to Swamp Rat Knife Works. We are located in the heart of what once was the "Great Black Swamp". This territory was so uninhabitable that it wasn't settled until many years after the rest of Ohio. Armed with shovels and total resolve, the early settlers of this area tamed and drained the Great Black Swamp and now the area is known for some of the richest farmland in the United States. It was said at the time of its settlement that only "Swamp Rats" were tough enough to live here. That spirit and toughness is now part of the DNA of the locals. Hard work, with no complaints, makes for one of the most solid work forces to be found anywhere in America. This attitude and toughness are built into each and every knife made by our after-hours skeleton crew."

lettertitle.gif

Having directed all of Busse Knife Company's marketing and advertising for the past ten years, I have continued to push for a line of super high performance production knives to replace the Basics. Not only would these knives need to outperform the Basics but they would also need to be more affordable for the average military, law enforcement, and search and rescue personnel. There have been considerable obstacles to overcome, as far as production limitations, budgetary concerns, and available personnel.

Introducing Swamp Rat Knife Works
I was given the directive to "aggressively come after Busse Combat". Having been the leader in high performance knives for more than ten years, Busse Combat has had many wannabes dreaming of such a venture. I am proud to state that no other manufacturer has ever come close to making Busse Combat blink. Needless to say, Swamp Rat's performance tests have certainly made Busse Combat glad to be on the same team. The Swamp Rat line is amazing and unparalleled in its offerings.

Here's how it stands at this point in time. The Busse facility will be used during off-hours, (nights and weekends) in order to prevent the interruption of the everyday happenings of our regular business. Our original office space, which although on the same property, is housed in a different building, and has been remodeled. An entirely new staff has been hired to handle production and administration. The Swamp Rat production line will be run as a completely separate business, but will be a division of Busse Knife Co.

jbusse.jpg
The performance of these knives will amaze you. There is absolutely no competition in the high production knife field for these blades. None, whatsoever!

Jennifer Busse
President,
Swamp Rat Knife Works

ALSO, I suspect this ^^^^ may have something to do with the 'change in the wind' referred to previously. Swamp Rat has always operated out of the Busse Shop, perhaps Swamp Rat will be no longer occupying that shop and will be in a shop of there own moving forward... and quite possibly a company of their own at this point with regular releases similar to Busse's new operations. The same might also be true of Scrap Yard, as well.

Last edited:
It's a good analysis, Maggot. Might also play well in getting Busse back to high end custom shop knives while spinning the normal run stuff to SwampRat and SYKCO.

RAT + RAT = suggests there will be 2 Swamp Rat Knife Releases

The Swamp was founded upon Res-c handled SR-101 knives at rock bottom pricing), released in all black originally like the Black Swamp that once occupied the land the shop rests upon.

Swamp RAT battle RAT - one of the first 3 knives offered on the Swamp Rat website.

SwampRAT BOG Dog.... substitute the H in Hog for a B, spells BOG - Though not the same, bogs are similar to swamps.

From Original Swamp Rat Website Homepage:

"Welcome to Swamp Rat Knife Works. We are located in the heart of what once was the "Great Black Swamp". This territory was so uninhabitable that it wasn't settled until many years after the rest of Ohio. Armed with shovels and total resolve, the early settlers of this area tamed and drained the Great Black Swamp and now the area is known for some of the richest farmland in the United States. It was said at the time of its settlement that only "Swamp Rats" were tough enough to live here. That spirit and toughness is now part of the DNA of the locals. Hard work, with no complaints, makes for one of the most solid work forces to be found anywhere in America. This attitude and toughness are built into each and every knife made by our after-hours skeleton crew."

lettertitle.gif

Having directed all of Busse Knife Company's marketing and advertising for the past ten years, I have continued to push for a line of super high performance production knives to replace the Basics. Not only would these knives need to outperform the Basics but they would also need to be more affordable for the average military, law enforcement, and search and rescue personnel. There have been considerable obstacles to overcome, as far as production limitations, budgetary concerns, and available personnel.

Introducing Swamp Rat Knife Works
I was given the directive to "aggressively come after Busse Combat". Having been the leader in high performance knives for more than ten years, Busse Combat has had many wannabes dreaming of such a venture. I am proud to state that no other manufacturer has ever come close to making Busse Combat blink. Needless to say, Swamp Rat's performance tests have certainly made Busse Combat glad to be on the same team. The Swamp Rat line is amazing and unparalleled in its offerings.

Here's how it stands at this point in time. The Busse facility will be used during off-hours, (nights and weekends) in order to prevent the interruption of the everyday happenings of our regular business. Our original office space, which although on the same property, is housed in a different building, and has been remodeled. An entirely new staff has been hired to handle production and administration. The Swamp Rat production line will be run as a completely separate business, but will be a division of Busse Knife Co.

jbusse.jpg
The performance of these knives will amaze you. There is absolutely no competition in the high production knife field for these blades. None, whatsoever!

Jennifer Busse
President,
Swamp Rat Knife Works

ALSO, I suspect this ^^^^ may have something to do with the 'change in the wind' referred to previously. Swamp Rat has always operated out of the Busse Shop, perhaps Swamp Rat will be no longer occupying that shop and will be in a shop of there own moving forward... and quite possibly a company of their own at this point with regular releases similar to Busse's new operations. The same might also be true of Scrap Yard, as well.
I never knew that Swamp Rat made res-c handled knives. Always thought that was Busse Basic and a Scrap Yard thing.

Maybe this opeRation eRatification is the new operation two weeks

Every couple of weeks Jerry just puts extra stock up for sale frpm all three companies

I never knew that Swamp Rat made res-c handled knives. Always thought that was Busse Basic and a Scrap Yard thing.

Happy to be of service, I wish this was still a Swamp Rat thing... I feel like Swamp Rat has been the best at making Res-c handled knives over the years from what I've experienced.

I love Scrap Yard, but often they have pointy bits of metal in the wrong places around the choil to make them really comfy. Busse on the Basic line always has the talon hole around the choil which really makes it a bit of a stretch for me to actually use effectively choking up.

I wouldn't lose sleep for a second if Swamp Rat went 100% back to their Res-c heritage and left the full tang stuff to Busse. That seems to be Scrap Yard's niche at this point however, so there may be a brand image conflict there... so probably unlikely at this point.

Last edited:
I’ve really enjoyed reading this thread. Thanks. Not sure what’s going to be offered, but I’m sure it will surprise me.

Back