Opinions on the KOENIG Arius?

I opted for blue backspacer. I am like you in I don't like super flashy I would not want a totally shiny or blue knife but the semi subtle bits of color really work for me. I honestly would have opted for the exact design you have but wouldn't dare fully copy your design so I figured why not add some blue lol!

That is a very cool way of doing a semi-copy! Same blade, handle external blast, and hole pattern, so they feel like brothers, but that blue internal and clip mark it as it’s own thing! I like it! What did you do for the backspacer?

The Arius has two deal breakers. 1. a gunk magnet captive stop pin. 2. Handle screws that thread into a backspacer.

I opted for blue backspacer. I am like you in I don't like super flashy I would not want a totally shiny or blue knife but the semi subtle bits of color really work for me. I honestly would have opted for the exact design you have but wouldn't dare fully copy your design so I figured why not add some blue lol!

Hey, jerkface. Don’t hold out! We demand pics with the backspacer!

I... like looking at 247s.

$#!+. I think this turned into an accidental hijack.

Hey, jerkface. Don’t hold out! We demand pics with the backspacer!

I... like looking at 247s.

$#!+. I think this turned into an accidental hijack.

Haha I'll post up a new thread or something when it gets here. Supposed to ship tomorrow. Back on topic, I really want to try an Arius and they seem to hold value well it's just a matter of finding one (I want carbon fiber)

The Arius is a fantastic knife, fine in so many ways. I graduated to midtechs about 3-4 years ago, slowly transitioning from ZT/Benchmade/Spyderco to Hinderers and Curtisses. Carried those for years. Got the bug for an Arius about a year ago, picked one up on the exchange, and haven’t looked back. I still rotate out the occasional Hinderer and Curtiss, still love those, but find myself carrying my Arius most of the time. Much like a few Busse’s I own, a Southard, and a few others, that is a knife that I probably will never sell.

Back to the Arius.....DLT has one...with the textured Ti scale. I like the look of the smooth scale, but it is a bit slippery.

May be the route I take. Going to wait to see what the two Dealers have coming in. The CF scale appeals but I do liike the machine work on the titanium scale. Decisions...Decisions!

Back to the Arius.....DLT has one...with the textured Ti scale. I like the look of the smooth scale, but it is a bit slippery.

May be the route I take. Going to wait to see what the two Dealers have coming in. The CF scale appeals but I do liike the machine work on the titanium scale. Decisions...Decisions!

I got the textured ones and I definitely like them better than the smooth ones.

A very well made knife. A friend from here sent me his to carry for a few weeks, it's definitely on my short list.

The arius is a great choice no matter what (and I think you should choose it).

When it comes to CF vs Ti, I think it depends on your purpose for the knife.
For me, I carry my arius everyday(ish) so I prefer the lightweight of the CF. Also CF doesn't show scrapes and scratches as easily as a Ti scale. On a grail side, I don't see a lot of people doing 'skeletonized' work on CF.
If you're looking for a safequeen, grail, I agree that Ti is the way to go. Titanium just has a certain 'instinctual' beauty that CF can't quite capture (in my opinion). Also, for a safequeen, dlc coated blade is more comfortable to flip and close, flip and close.

IMG_1304.JPG IMG_1306.JPG
My edc...changed screw set to blue...changed clip to Timascus...changed pivot screw to Ti...everything still fits perfectly. It's my Koenigstein.

I think the Arius is a great design, and from what I've heard, has fit and finish to match. It just never caught my eye the way a Brian Nadeau or in-house Ferrum Forge knife does (one look at a knife those guys made and you can tell who made it). But as everyone else has said, if you like it, and can afford it, there's no reason not to go for it.

NihQLJQ.jpg

Just a heads up... There seem to be clones now. Keep an eye out. Make sure the blade says Koenig on it.

I like mine more than I thought I would.

I typically carry a traditional and a sebenza has been my "tactical" for 20 years. Wanting to get a modern flipper...I chose an Arius and Norseman. Both wonderful, but the ergos of the Arius were more to my liking than the flatter Norseman. I have the model 57 and I really like the sculpting & texturing of the handles. Action is super smooth and consistent.

Some say it's a bit chunky but it fills my hand near perfectly. I wear a size 8 1/2 glove so take that into account. But I have no criticisms at this early stage.

It's a chubby little bunny, especially the contoured handle was too thick and the blade was too heavy for every day carry. I sold two of mine and got an EVO Typhoon and an Archbishop instead.

Last edited:
I like mine more than I thought I would.

I typically carry a traditional and a sebenza has been my "tactical" for 20 years. Wanting to get a modern flipper...I chose an Arius and Norseman. Both wonderful, but the ergos of the Arius were more to my liking than the flatter Norseman. I have the model 57 and I really like the sculpting & texturing of the handles. Action is super smooth and consistent.

Some say it's a bit chunky but it fills my hand near perfectly. I wear a size 8 1/2 glove so take that into account. But I have no criticisms at this early stage.

An update is in order.

I found a used ARIUS back last November or so and bought it. CF scale, with black screws.
NO complaints other than the screws were losing their finish. I contacted Koenig and told them about the screws. Also mentioned I was NOT the original owner and could I buy the screws in blue as well as a blue lanyard/spacer thingy. They sent all of it out, NO charge. Which I thought was very nice of them. Love the Arius. Can't find any fault with anything.

Regarding the Wayfarer 24/7 OLAMIC....I ordered the 24/7 and I swear they sent me shots of the completed folder a bit over a week later. I OK'd the shots and had it a few days later. I opted for dk grey scales, with blue screws, etc. Another very nice folder. Liked it so much I also later ordered one of their little models.

FN

Both the arius and 247 are on the short list. There’s really nothing besides these two, unless something awesome is released at blade.

Love my Arius, picked up a second one. My Wayfarer 247 rarely sees pocket time anymore.
Just got one in all titanium, was the only one I could find after two years of looking. DLT trading had one. Great ergos, amazing action. I'm just questioning the $605 price. What makes this knife worth $150 more than a crk?
I have a $495 Olamic wayfarer 247 that honestly disappointed me. Specifically when closing it, it doesn't clear the detent until the blade is at a 90° angle to the handle. But it is more ornate than the Arius, kinetic ocean scales, rock backspacer. Am doing more research as to the justification of the price on the Arius.

Just got one in all titanium, was the only one I could find after two years of looking. DLT trading had one. Great ergos, amazing action. I'm just questioning the $605 price. What makes this knife worth $150 more than a crk?
I have a $495 Olamic wayfarer 247 that honestly disappointed me. Specifically when closing it, it doesn't clear the detent until the blade is at a 90° angle to the handle. But it is more ornate than the Arius, kinetic ocean scales, rock backspacer. Am doing more research as to the justification of the price on the Arius.

well...the fact that it took you 2 years to find one, coupled with the fact that CRK's & Olamics can be purchased everywhere...should tell you something.

For me, the price is easily justified.

Last edited:
Back