Orcrist, the Goblin Cleaver

He also apparently made an invisible Assassin's Creed tomahawk. ;)

He's got it backwards, everyone knows you're supposed to have a high carbon core with aluminum outer layers. Or if you really want something special use a cobalt core with emerald impregnated titanium for the outer layers, just saying. :)

dude i am so happy someone brought this up cause i built one. i wanted it to be light like elven blades are so i made a highcarbon blade with an aluminum core it was extremely hard to do but i pulled it off on my 8th try

I don't remember reading anywhere that elven blades were supposed to be particularly light...

As for the metallurgy... <raised eyebrow>

As for Ocrist, I'm not impressed either, it probably should have been more Glamdring like. I will have to check but I suspect that if one gives the books a careful perusal that one will find that it should have had two edges as well, I will have to look. Someone definitely took the "cleaver" thing a bit too literally.

I've always liked the Uruk-Hai sword best:
images

Crude, but effective :devilish:

I liked this one too.Almost pulled the trigger on it.I'm not crazy about the Goblin Cleaver.I agree with William,It looks more like a big knife than a sword to me.

I liked this one too.Almost pulled the trigger on it.I'm not crazy about the Goblin Cleaver.I agree with William,It looks more like a big knife than a sword to me.

I'd love to have one made out of 1085 or so, maybe someday ;)

Not a fan of the hilt. Also, it looks more like a counterpart to Sting rather than Glamdring.

And honestly, it can't beat Haldir's sword, or Narsil.

sorry guys but the aluminum core bent so until i re staighten it i dont want to put it on it will be at least a week

Do you really think that there's a camera that can take a picture of such awesomeness? I think not. Obviously a blade made in this fashion would bend light around it, making it effectively invisible to a camera (and the naked eye for that matter.) The only way to see an image of such a sword is using a little known 18th century device called an Ary. This device uses a series of prisms to straighten the light back out to make the blade in question visible. The one drawback is that you can't photograph what you see in an Ary. You have to look in the Ary itself. The image is only visible in the ary. This is what is referred to as an image-in-ary. What we have here is an image-in-ary sword.

Do you really think that there's a camera that can take a picture of such awesomeness? I think not. Obviously a blade made in this fashion would bend light around it, making it effectively invisible to a camera (and the naked eye for that matter.) The only way to see an image of such a sword is using a little known 18th century device called an Ary. This device uses a series of prisms to straighten the light back out to make the blade in question visible. The one drawback is that you can't photograph what you see in an Ary. You have to look in the Ary itself. The image is only visible in the ary. This is what is referred to as an image-in-ary. What we have here is an image-in-ary sword.

Excellent!! :thumbup:

Eloquently put...

Back