Order List 2020

All orders are currently on hold! I will resume making knives when the last two orders are finally delivered to the customers. It’s been 7 days since I shipped them, if they don’t arrive soon I will either remake them or give refunds. USPS is a fucking joke.

I would not sweat it. They will get there. I mailed something in May that was supposed to take 3 days and it took more than 2 weeks.

I shipped a package to Virginia the same day, it took 3 days. Where they were going is only 4 hours from me.

All orders are currently on hold! I will resume making knives when the last two orders are finally delivered to the customers. It’s been 7 days since I shipped them, if they don’t arrive soon I will either remake them or give refunds. USPS is a fucking joke.

I understand your frustration but since I believe both went through the Detroit hub I feel I have a lot of experience there I can share. They've delayed some of my sales or items for passarounds for up to 2 weeks but they have always made it.

Worse, tracking will change to "moving within the USPS network" which to me means they might as well stop using tracking because I think they basically skipped a scan. I've been deopping packages off at a northeen PO lately to get packagea up to the Pontiac sorting centee instead and it's helped pn the outbound stuff but inbound is always screwed.

Amazon isn't any better even with warehouses in the area. It's just shitty dealing with shipping lately.

Hopefully just will work itself out in time. Have found out if the post office in your area ( or the hub it goes out gpthrough) are experiencing issues?

Three days with no email updates from USPS. I’ll give them until Friday, then give the customers a choice of refund or remaking the knives.
I’m also waiting to see how long it takes for the package I sent to Oregon yesterday takes.
I may use UPS for Michigan shipping.
Problem is the PO is a 3/4 mile round trip for me, and I get boxes free, UPS is a 14 mile round trip and I would need to buy boxes at Office Depot.

Three days with no email updates from USPS. I’ll give them until Friday, then give the customers a choice of refund or remaking the knives.
I’m also waiting to see how long it takes for the package I sent to Oregon yesterday takes.
Problem is the PO is a 3/4 mile round trip for me, and I get boxes free, UPS is a 14 mile round trip and I would need to buy boxes at Office Depot.

ULine has some really good boxes for shipping knives. The boxes are fairly priced but their shipping is outrageous but usually still lower than office depot if you can use the minimum order quantity/bundles they sell them in. I'm curious if a fastenal or something like that would be better, assuming you have a location near you to avoid shipping.

I know of one knifemaker I used to buy blemished stuff off from back in my earlier days of getting into the knife hobby that would literally wrap the knives in cardboard and then tape it all together effectively creating his own boxes from sheets of cardboard. It looks pretty janky but everything stayed together well and I never received a damaged knife. Might be a temporary solution for you but hopefully USPS in this area gets their thing together soon.

I think UPS will be up packages at homes, I guess it depends on how far. Excuse me if you have already looked into that.

Updated! If you check the list you will see some changes. This may delay orders about 1 week. If this is an issue for anyone, contact me.

I would give it more time. The package I mentioned earlier also had to go through Detroit. It went 8 or 9 days without any updates to the tracking but it eventually got there.

As others have said, anything going through Detroit has had lengthy delays, but has always eventually arrived. I haven’t given up hope for delivery by the weekend!

Jeff

I’ll be starting to remake the knives that were lost in the mail later next week, no charge for knives or shipping.

I’ll be starting to remake the knives that were lost in the mail later next week, no charge for knives or shipping.

As mentioned in my message to you John, I greatly appreciate your efforts to make this right and make light of an unfavorable situation USPS has put us in. I think it shows your good character, thank you for being you.

It will arrive. Just give it more time.

I've submitted a request foe USPS to look into the package but haven't recieved a response from them yet either. As slow as USPS has been in Michigan even I'm surpeised on how long it's taking along with the lack of response from them. My local USPS is not helpful either.

Back