OT: Fiddlebacks & Firearms

^^ Love the No. 1 so BIG thumbs up from me. I might have to send you a message about that butt cuff.

hiking_buddy_no1_20161127.jpg

Last edited:
Year or so ago Andy had his No. 1 full stock in.257 Roberts at Track Rock and it got me interested again. Mines 6.5 creedmore and will group sub m.o.a. off a bench regularly. Have to say I enjoy shooting this rifle more than any of my others. Well....I enjoy shooting them all, but the No. 1 gets out more. We make the stock cover w/ cheek riser and shoulder pad and highly recommend the set up. You can order through Robert at Fiddleback Outpost. If you like a little simple decoration, I think that could be worked in.

Year or so ago Andy had his No. 1 full stock in.257 Roberts at Track Rock and it got me interested again. Mines 6.5 creedmore and will group sub m.o.a. off a bench regularly. Have to say I enjoy shooting this rifle more than any of my others. Well....I enjoy shooting them all, but the No. 1 gets out more. We make the stock cover w/ cheek riser and shoulder pad and highly recommend the set up. You can order through Robert at Fiddleback Outpost. If you like a little simple decoration, I think that could be worked in.

Thanks for the info. The rifle in my avatar is chambered for 25-06 and I have another in 375 H&H Mag. I have been happy with both and even took the 25-06 out to the Talladega CMP a couple months ago which was the first time I have ever stretched it out. Six inch groups at 600 yards with the light barrel and 8X scope so I was pretty pleased. I'll get in touch with Robert. Thanks again.

oh....and if you have ever sent me a note or what not...i hang on to it and put it on my cork board above my desk!

I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a Ruger 17 HMR. It just looks like a bb gun for adults and I've got a friend with a muskrat problem...

Screen%20Shot%202020-08-14%20at%209.12.26%20PM.png

The savage also is in contention. Anyone got any insights?

^^ Love the No. 1 so BIG thumbs up from me. I might have to send you a message about that butt cuff.

hiking_buddy_no1_20161127.jpg
Fantastic! When I heal up a bit more will snap a pic of my No. 1’s - 7x57 and 6.5 Swede - both in full stocks along with a proper FB or two. Most loved rifles I have ever had. Most fun, too!

I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a Ruger 17 HMR. It just looks like a bb gun for adults and I've got a friend with a muskrat problem...

Screen%20Shot%202020-08-14%20at%209.12.26%20PM.png

The savage also is in contention. Anyone got any insights?

Many Ruger rifles owned over the years. My current 4 (2 x Scouts and 2 x No. 1’s) all shoot minute of angle for me, and of course none of those are designed to be tack drivers. Plus, and this is a huge bonus, Ruger customer service is about the best in the business. Something wrong WILL be made right.

(example: picked up a lovely new No. 1 7x57 International (full stock) at half price because a fellow previously dropped it in the shop, cracking that lovely stock. The house gunsmith (an old friend) epoxied it very well. Anyway, it had a minor action issue first time I shot it, so I sent her to Ruger. Of course I said nothing about the crack since I knew how it had come to be.

Got the rifle back quickly, action perfect, at no charge, ***AND with a brand new stock in fancy grade walnut!***, along with a note saying they saw the mended crack in the stock when inspecting her and took the liberty of restocking her free of charge. Are you freakin’ kidding me! This is but one example.

All things being equal, this is a manufacturer I choose to support!)

I have heard nothing but good things about all of the PR’s Ruger is putting out.

Dialing in the new project. Ruger 10/22 with new stock and barrel. Just need a better trigger and scope and it will be set.

I have a stock 10/22 wood stock. Bought it when I shot on the 4h shooting team in high school. Such a good gun. Totally stock with a cheap Simmons scope and it is dead NUTS all the time.

Back