Our friends need our smoke and prayers, see who need your good vibes here.

:thumbup: Thanks again for the updates.

Thanks for keeping us up to speed.
More prayers going out now.

Jennifer's the one keepin' us updated, I thanked her for keepin' his friends in the loop. It's hard enough havin' her dad in the hospital, visitin' him and takin care of Jake, the last thing she needs is to keep folks she doesn't know up to speed on her dad's condition but it's important to Michael and as a result her that we know what's goin' on.

More good news.

12:14AM

Dad is still doing good. They just put the ventilator back on him for the night to give him a rest. He is on no sedation whatsoever . He is still on ativan to keep him from raging like he has. He's doing so good.

Keep it up Michael. :thumbup:

That's more good news, sounds like he's on the right track. Keep the prayers going. Thanks again Ted.

Thanks Ted Great news! :thumbup:

Gods speed for a recovery MUCH smoke and prayers going up from ICT Mr Codgar is also in my prayer circle. Peace out Mongo

He didn't ask but I'm adding Insipid Moniker as he can definitely use some smoke and prayers, Keep us updated here IM and we'll keep up the prayers.

Insipid Moniker said:
Well, I'm no regular here, so I apologize if I step on any toes, just wanted to vent some.

Been dealing with my second go-round with lymphoma and nothing has been simple this time. They're wanting to have me go through a bone marrow transplant, but it keeps getting delayed by infection, injury, insurance hold ups and the cancer being more aggressive that they initially thought.

So Monday I finally get some good news, PET scan looks good, ready to move on to the collection and the transplant, about fucking time. Just a few preliminary tests we need to do first...

Well, blood cultures come back positive, septicemia, fuck. OSU admits me as fast as they can. Then, that night, my chest starts hurting every time I take a breath, just getting worse and worse. I tell them and the hit me with a big boy Percocet and, as I've never taken many pain meds, I figure that's that. Wrong.

Percocet doesn't even touch the pain and it's still getting worse.

So I call the nurse again and let her know. By this point I'm sweating bullets and grinding my teeth, so they give me morphine. Now I'm totally sure things are gonna calm right on down. Wrong again.

Long story short, turns out I've got clots in both lungs on top of everything else. So now I'm on enough pain meds I can barely spell my name and waiting for them to tell me how they're even gonna begin getting me back on fucking schedule.

Anyway, sorry to bust into the thread like this, just hurting and frustrated.

Prayers being sent for I.M. And continuing prayers for Codger's recovery.

He didn't ask but I'm adding Insipid Moniker as he can definitely use some smoke and prayers, Keep us updated here IM and we'll keep up the prayers.

Thank you, Ted.

Smoke and good thoughts for those in need.

Thank you, Ted, it's definitely appreciated.
'Hurting and frustrated' is honest on your part ... and I am so sorry that you are having these health difficulties. You have every right to feel as you do. Please accept my encouragement. At a distance, it may be little, but perhaps this message comes to you at a good time in offering support and optimism.

'Hurting and frustrated' is honest on your part ... and I am so sorry that you are having these health difficulties. You have every right to feel as you do. Please accept my encouragement. At a distance, it may be little, but perhaps this message comes to you at a good time in offering support and optimism.

Thank you, every little bit helps and they're starting to really get the pain under control here in the hospital. Sounds like I might have a legitimate shot of heading home and getting back on track on Monday.

Very well said taldesta. That's great news Richard, I know you're on a long road, but hopefully you can put this setback behind you soon.

Back