Our friends need our smoke and prayers, see who need your good vibes here.

At least you have the internet, I remember being in the hospital as a kid for long periods, no tablets, smart phones or video games, the tv had 7 channels, that's if you were sick enough and lucky enough to have a tv and no phones, it was extra, no texting. Bein' sick in the hospital 40 years ago really sucked and it was boring too.

Last time I was in the hospital I watched the entire SOA series, played pool with people all over the world and even ordered all the parts I needed to rebuild the bottom end of an old KZ 1000. I talked to people on the forums till the sun came up.

The wee hours can be the toughest. But the stars are out and we can see clearly ... to where we want to be. :)

At least you have the internet, I remember being in the hospital as a kid for long periods, no tablets, smart phones or video games, the tv had 7 channels, that's if you were sick enough and lucky enough to have a tv and no phones, it was extra, no texting. Bein' sick in the hospital 40 years ago really sucked and it was boring too.

Last time I was in the hospital I watched the entire SOA series, played pool with people all over the world and even ordered all the parts I needed to rebuild the bottom end of an old KZ 1000. I talked to people on the forums till the sun came up.

Amen to this! I actually joked about creating a Facebook group to keep everyone updated when I first got sick. Well, nobody laughed and they all told me I was an idiot and that I should do exactly that. Updating friends and family got a heck of lot easier right then.

A buddy even found me a meal planning site. I'll end up stuck in the hospital for three weeks once we get to the transplant and my dearly beloved could burn water and, given that she'll be cleaning house, running the business, taking care of her daughter and worrying about my sorry butt I bullied all our friends and family into signing up to bring her dinner. This way there's no overlap and she knows what night is good to just order a pizza and collapse on the couch if she wants to.

Heck, I can even get awesome love and support from folks that don't know me from Adam, they just know we all like sharp, pokey things. ;)

Seriously, thank you all, if you need any encouragement to keep threads like this up, let me be it, this stuff helps.

Latest on Michael from last night.

Dad is still about the same. During physical therapy they got him to stand up and take a couple steps then laid him back down. He has tried several times to get off the bed but they catch him doing it and make him stop. He's back on the ventilator for the night. Still doing good.

Thanks for the update Ted! Continued prayers for both Michael and Richard.

They let him on his laptop last night and he was surfing the forum. Jennifer (his daughter) said that he lacked the fine motor control to actually type but was able to use the mouse, so she helped him with the photos. I went to see him this morning. After my disaster of a visit yesterday, I asked her if I could meet her there while she was present. Having her there this morning made all the difference. She can understand what he is whispering and act as a translator. He's not happy to be in the hospital but I think he understands that he has to listen to them in order to get well enough to leave.

I took in my tablet (not knowing they had brought in his laptop) to show him the e-card Ted started. He seemed touched by everyone's thoughts and wishes. Jennifer was moved as well. Special Note to Phil Gibbs: Your comment ("Your correctness is legendary") brought a chuckle from him, which was wonderful to see after yesterday.

The doctor was happy with things while I was there and felt progress was being made. He is still quite ill but hopefully he will make rapid progress and get to go home soon.

Thanks Rick, still prayin' and keepin' the smoke goin' up for Michael.

Lookin' good Michael :)

12745817_962429953865256_2266280330153288172_n.jpg

Late late get well wishes obviously I haven't been on much lately just happened to see a post on Facebook.
Anyways Get Well Soon.

I should've put my pets up in here, but I had to put my 9 year old lab Dock down yesterday, well, the vet did. He was battling some pretty serious health issues. I've got a 12 yr old lab Remington that I need to take to get a lump checked out. This is not only hard on my family, but my other pets as well. We lost our 16 yr old lab Beau last spring, Dock yesterday, I'm hoping that Remington lives to a ripe old age. I'm wondering when my youngest lab, 2 yr old Mack will realize his buddy isn't coming back. Both of them smelled him when we brought him home, but I don't think it registered with Mack.

Sorry to hear about Dock, I've had dogs and cats since I was 4 so 51 or so years there's always been a dog and or dog(s) and cat(s) in the house and at one point we lived on a farm with 4 dogs, 29 cats, 99 roosters and about 30 chickens, (ask me in another forum to tell ya the story of the Circle Hunk Chicken Ranch Massacree and Labor Day Party) so I've had pets that lived together and grew up together pass away leaving a younger or healthier one behind and they do notice when one of their own is missing. My TerriPoo knew when I had my 14 year old German Shepherd put down and where I buried her. He still sits and sleeps on or next to her grave and she's been gone going on 5 years now.

Smoke and Prayers for you, your's and Dock SHS.

Very happy to see that Codger is feeling better, & getting stronger. Praying that he is well enough, to leave the hospital soon. :thumbup:

Mack usually comes right in, but he has been scanning the one acre back yard for Dock every night from the top of the back yard.

I need to take Remington to the vet for some spots on his nose and a growth on his rear leg.

I've had a dog ever since I can remember, except for a horrible week when I was about 15. My lab/german shepherd mix Nick got out, and took my golden Moon with him. They were hit by a car, Moon died, and Nick would not leave his side. Animal control let him stay with his buddy, but Moon had a broken back and succumbed. My father found him at the shelter a week later. At the time, my Siberian husky junkyard dog mutt had a huge tumor in his mouth, and was old and died under the knife during the procedure. That was one of the worst weeks ever. I think the only thing worse than that that I've lived through was when my baby sister passed from SIDS when I was ten.

My fathers cockatoo would sing and talk to Dock, and he would sit there and thump his tail and sometimes sing along with her. She started to call his name, just his, and he would come in and sit in front of her cage. The others are interested in her, but they're not her Dock. He was a ladies man. He grew up with a few cats, and one of them and her daughter would walk with Dock and I all over.

Back