Our TRC knives family

XS Splinter N690 with kydex sheath.
Splinter 120 M390

Thank you. I keep watching the site for those. I think I'm going to have to jump as soon as I see them. Although I'd like to try M390 on the XS, I've been having good luck with the N690 on my current XS.

Have you ever used or handled that TR13?

I just confirmed yesterday with TRC over on IG that they are making another run of the Splinter XS and russianknives.com should have some in about four weeks. I've been wanting one for many months. Hope I can snag one when they come in.

Hi Srvctec, I don't think we will get any this time. Try to order one directly from TRC.

I'm very sorry to hear that you won't be getting any of those, but am grateful that you are letting us know that in advance. Thank you very much.

For some reason I never got a notification for this thread but have notifications turned on. Here is a screenshot from the TRC IG post where I asked them about the Splinter XS. This was on July 11th.

9CHWnyD.png

For some reason I never got a notification for this thread but have notifications turned on. Here is a screenshot from the TRC IG post where I asked them about the Splinter XS. This was on July 11th.

9CHWnyD.png
Andrius Tricius will sell you a knife directly. I already ordered a OD Green G10 XS Splinter from him using PayPal. Just send him an email. Just keep in mind that he doesn't work weekends and Lithuania is in a different time zone.
http://trcknives.com/gbr/contact

I have been looking at the TRC M-1 knife on multiple websites(including BladeHQ and TRC knives), none say the blade has a DLC coating. The websites don't mention it or just call it "black coating". Can anybody confirm if the blade coating is indeed DLC?

I just came across this thread while looking for another TRC. I own a K-1 Elmax with Micarta, a K-1 Fuller stonewashed M390 with G-10 and a K-1s Elmax with G-10. These knives are out of this world! The attention to detail is amazing. I would love to see a K-1 in Vanadis 4 extra. There seemed to be a hint of the possibility on instagram, maybe kancler kancler can shed some light on this.
Czh4xTZ.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a K1 in M390 with the unmilled black canvas scales (looks like your center knife above Spikediesel Spikediesel ). It was just the combination I wanted and came with a really well thought-out kydex sheath. This particular K1 feels as good in-hand as any knife I own.

Edit: Added pic.

Xrnpz50.jpg

Great pics Hard Knocks Hard Knocks ! I find the K-1 to be the perfect balance of blade length and handle, and what a comfortable handle it is! I have sold all but one of my other fixed blades in the 4"-5" range because I'd rather have my TRCs.

Great pics Hard Knocks Hard Knocks ! I find the K-1 to be the perfect balance of blade length and handle, and what a comfortable handle it is! I have sold all but one of my other fixed blades in the 4"-5" range because I'd rather have my TRCs.

Thank you! And I agree, it's a very well-balanced package. I tried the K1S before the K1, thinking that would be the way to go. And although I did really like the thin blade of the 'S' it just didn't light my fire like the full size. I'm really glad I took some advice and gave the K1 a chance. It's a brilliant blade IMO.

Cheers,

Dave

Bought a pair of urban tacticals in Elmax a few months back during the Labor Day sale. Wasn't sure how they would go over due to the handle shape and that jimping, as they are not like anything I have ever owned. I did thin the edge on my user one but other than that I am amazed at how well you can hold that knife in a variety of grips and your hand is locked in. Great smaller blade that is built for hard duty. Next I picked up an m390 xs splinter deluxe off the exchange and that is a totally different design than the urban tactical, it is a nimble slicer and also excellent. Today I played the Black Friday game and ordered a M1 DLC spearpoint in v4e and look forward to receiving it.

Back