Pacific Salt 2 Green LC200N

Just imagine the Siren finger guard tweaked a bit and everything else left the same. I’m tempted to buy another and mod it.

I'm on the sand for quite a few hours during the week doing Lite line Surf fishing.
Started out with a SE Atlantic Salt
and recently acquired a Siren because of the steel.
Not a lot love with it because of the handles Aggressive texture and the absurd finger guard.
Yes... I know it's a GP fish slicing blade.
designed to give you grip when it's bloody
and Gooey and prevent fingers going up the blade.
But I keep gravitating back to the Atlantic Saltb becauseit has better ergonomics for me.
This upgrade looks to be even better than the Siren for ergonomics that I pre ordered the PE version.

I'm on the sand for quite a few hours during the week doing Lite line Surf fishing.
Started out with a SE Atlantic Salt
and recently acquired a Siren because of the steel.
Not a lot love with it because of the handles Aggressive texture and the absurd finger guard.
Yes... I know it's a GP fish slicing blade.
designed to give you grip when it's bloody
and Gooey and prevent fingers going up the blade.
But I keep gravitating back to the Atlantic Saltb becauseit has better ergonomics for me.
This upgrade looks to be even better than the Siren for ergonomics that I pre ordered the PE version.

I don't want to talk down on knife designs, but I think the new Pacific Salt kind of killed any enthusiasm I had for the Siren. It's not that I don't like the Siren, it's a cool design, I just prefer the handle and FRN of the Pacific over the Siren.

1. Will endura scales fit if you want to change the color?

2. Is the coated hardware to reduce corrosion? I read the only time corrosion is an issue with LC200N is where it makes contact with the stainless steel hardware (liners, screws, etc).

Wonder why the Salt 2 in LC was not released. I think it will be a massive hit! Any predictions on when we will see them?
I think it will be a massive hit too and although I prefer the larger Endura size knife, I'll be in for at least 1! I'm betting that production capacity is why.

I'll be curious to see if the blades are swapable!

I think it will be a massive hit too and although I prefer the larger Endura size knife, I'll be in for at least 1! I'm betting that production capacity is why.

I'm the opposite, for my hands the Endura is a little to big. Love the long and beefier blade though..

So hope you are right on the production capacity, are the Salt 2 LC's confirmed btw?

The original series Salts had a H1 lock. Does the Salt 2 have an H1 lock or just coated stainless black?

2. Is the coated hardware to reduce corrosion? I read the only time corrosion is an issue with LC200N is where it makes contact with the stainless steel hardware (liners, screws, etc).

I’d imagine the current PS2 handle should be swapable so you should have a black and yellow option to swap out if you’d like. The general consensus with swapping back lock handles is the lock bar should follow the blade though.

I believe Spyderco CQI’d the salts with coated hardware to help reduce the chances of corrosion.

Thanks. I learned to keep the lock bars with their original blade the hard way. It makes a big difference in blade play. I realized this one time and it took me 20 mins to switch things around again to make it right.

I would argue scale color choice is more important with LC200N Knives than H1. This would be true for me because with the edge holding limitations with H1 it usually serves as a designated water knife and the bright colors are desirable. With the edge holding improvements of LC200N, it would make a nice EDC (especially for those living near water) and therefor more typical colors, black, etc are desirable.

I don’t buy many knives anymore, but the SE version of this has become my most-anticipated knife in a looong time!

Jim

Someone on the Spyderco.com forum had a “torture test” thread on his SE Caribbean. The SE LC200N held up really well under heavy use over time. It probably holds up about as well as SE H1.

Jim

Are the LC200 Pacific Salt 2 liner-less like the original? I'd assume they are, considering the 2.5 oz weight and corrosion proof requirement.

Thanks. I learned to keep the lock bars with their original blade the hard way. It makes a big difference in blade play. I realized this one time and it took me 20 mins to switch things around again to make it right.

I would argue scale color choice is more important with LC200N Knives than H1. This would be true for me because with the edge holding limitations with H1 it usually serves as a designated water knife and the bright colors are desirable. With the edge holding improvements of LC200N, it would make a nice EDC (especially for those living near water) and therefor more typical colors, black, etc are desirable.
Rit dye will darken or turn black that bright green real quick. Don't even need to disassemble.

Back