Pala starts building new factory and more Crazy Pala deals. Maybe worth reading.

Originally posted by hoghead
I know. Hope for something new.

Hoghead, I was going to make a smart remark, but forgot what it was. Maybe I need to start taking meds or drinking heinekin. :) Don't seem to be with it today.

I keep thinking of that very nice 'Dragon Carving' on the Rose that went a few days ago. Sure liked that carving. That would really look good on a Short Tibetan Sword, with all kinds of Dragon carving wound around its handle. I just may have to special order one, that is after I get my Polyproylene plumbing replaced through out my place. Had ANOTHER leak Monday. Plumber working up estimate. I don't fall under the requirements of the recovery program. :(

Bill, what the hell would you do with more than your smokes and two six packs of Heinekin a day? Pala's right. What else do you need?

munk

Bura sure does a nice job on the dragon carving. Just have to keep bugging Uncle, It would be nice to see something like that in the Crazy Deals. Hope.

Seems like this has disintegrated into two threads. Mr. CEO, It would be nice to go work for Pala. Not quite ready yet but with changes in technology might be in the future. They are replacing Engineers with a "remote controller". Just has to be more of that high level corporate greed. This technology is being used in yard switching right now with use on the road trains coming soon. If you want trains running through your town with no crew on board just wait a year or so. I don't want it. So maybe Nepal is the place to be when that happens.

They need a tourist train up the Himalayas, maybe Everest.

Bill, if you got rich, would you still have this forum? I hope so. You could hire the Cocktail Waitress to take orders, that would be the excuse to get her into the house.

munk

Thats thinking! Probably charge more for Khuks too! That happens with getting rich, and being a big CEO. Ya gotta have more! Greed is our creed! Noticed that most of those big boys had pretty good looking office staff. Go with them everywhere. (Note: it's easy to mouth off like this when your poor like me!)

As I recall, Yangdu is pretty proficient and dangerous with a Khukuri!
If getting rich will bring you a cocktail waitress. Then Lama Jigme is right and it is definitely best that youre not rich.:D

Originally posted by Bill Martino
If Pala keeps up his crazy deals we may be able to sell more, hire more kamis and go bankrupt in the process. Welcome to the American way.

Ah..yes. But look at all the fun you're having. :D

"If Pala keeps up his crazy deals we may be able to sell more, hire more kamis and go bankrupt in the process. Welcome to theAmerican way."

That is the way it works, right? If you're losing money, just make up for it with more volume! Bring back the boom of 2000!

Bill, I think the missing component that would modernize the business plan to the level of larger American businesses is a massive tranch of long-term debt...Have you considered issuing khuk-bonds? Borrowing to service existing debt has kept state governments and many companies "afloat" just beneath the surface for years. If it works for them, why not HI?
;)

Ask the Lama to pray for debt:D

They no longer teach "accounting and accountability" it's now "creative financing". Sorry to sound so down on the corporate greed but when people get hurt by it I don't like that. It sounds like the whole company benefits with the move Pala has planned. That's good! I work for a company that is making a good profit (at least that's what they say) but the only ones who benefit are the top executives. Everyone else gets a kick in the teeth. Just doesn't seem fair. The airline thing (apologies for the thoughtless oversight) just exemplifies what I'm saying. Need more bosses like Pala who want to take care of the employees (any companies greatest assest). Best wishes on this venture!

Back