• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Paracord Lanyards & Fobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh K

Platinum Member
I'm selling off a couple of these that I've already made, along with taking orders for custom ones.

If I do not have a color you want on hand, but can point me to a place I can buy it, I would be more then happy to purchase it for your lanyard. There isn't any extra cost involved in this.

If you have material of your own that you want shaped into a lanyard/fob or other item, there is no charge except for return shipping. If you have beads or other items you want me to use that's fine. Please note that I either Super or Gorilla glue the ends of my lanyards so that they don't come off. Beads on the lanyard loop are free sliding, the single bead on the end is glued to the strands and cannot be removed.

Options:

Style: Round, square, triangle
Weave: Solid or striped
Termination: Sear, Fluff, Bead, Turks Head knot. If you choose bead or knot, please also choose whether you'd like it seared, long and seared, or fluffed after the bead/knot.
For no charge I can also insert a small drop of either Gorilla Glue or Super Glue after each weave. This makes the lanyard a bit stiffer, but it's still soft on the outside.
Colors: Orange, Digital Camo, ACU Camo, ACU Forrest (like OD Green but with a hint of gray.), OD Green, Red, Black, Tan, White
Please choose two colors, and which of those two colors you'd like the loop to be.
***NEW***
Burning: I can laser just about anything onto a plain bead. Names, basic symbols, random lines and squiggles. Adds $2 for any lanyard.

Pricing:

Standard lanyard (two colors, square or round, fluff or sear termination): $5
Premium lanyard (two colors, square, round, or triangle, bead with fluff or sear termination): $6
Fob lanyard (loop with a turks head knot): $3, $2 when added to any other lanyard purchase

Shipping:
One lanyard: $1
More then one: FREE
If you desire delivery confirmation it will be shipped priority flat rate and the price is $5.60, exactly the cost of shipping unless they change it.

All my lanyards are made using the highest quality (true 550) paracord. You can have yours either gutted (no internal strands) or not. Plain lanyards are more useful if you think you might use it in a survival situation, and you'll get a couple feet of 550 cord out of unraveling it. Gutted paracords pack square (or round) a lot nicer, and are better for keychains. The mantel (without the internal strands) still has a working strength of 300lbs, so if you did have to unravel it, it'd still be of some use.

Here are a couple pictures of lanyards I've done and can do:

A good example of the turks head knot I do, along with the orange triangle lanyard and colors. Currently style #7 is unavailable.
IMG_0009-1.jpg

IMG_0016-3.jpg

IMG_0017-2.jpg

IMG_0017-1.jpg

One fluff terminated with a bead, the other fluff terminated with some kevlar thread wrap.
IMG_0022-1.jpg

Seared with a bead.
IMG_2898.jpg

If the options are confusing in any way, or you need some explanation's or other pictures, please PM or Email me.

Last edited:
Alright! I worked on some other stuff over the weekend. Namely my Monkey Fist skills.

First I did a couple plain, then I did one with and did a running snake knot with the loose ends.
IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Then I did a two tone running snake knot.
IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Next we have a two tone monkey fist that hasn't been finished off.
IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Last we have an orange monkey fist with a running snake knot over a loop of steel wire. The wire has a slide at the end so you can attach it seemlessly to just about anything. :thumbup:
IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

If anyone expresses interest in these, I will come up with some prices.

Here are the colors I have on hand for use:
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

See the first post for additional information.

I'm getting beads!

Two styles should be in by Monday.
#1: Original plain wooden beads
05018-1.jpg

#2: NEW! Dark walnut beads.
051166-3.jpg

More options!

I recently got a laser in a trade, and I was playing around with it. Turns out that if you focus it in you can burn quite a few things.

So I tried it on some of the beads. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow, but it's promising. Get your name, friends name, gift/lover/spouse/kid/whatever you want that will fit burned into the bead on the end.

Once I figure out how much time it takes, and how many sets of batteries I go through, I'll be listing this as an option.

Here's a shot of some random burning I did. I'll do some letters/symbols tomorrow:
IMG_0021-3.jpg

IMG_0022-3.jpg

Some lanyards I finished up for rksoon!

IMG_0024-1.jpg

Life's been busy, but I might be able to finish the site by after memorial day.

More pics!

Some burning work
IMG_0096_small.jpg

IMG_0097_small.jpg

Monkey fist with snake knot lanyard
IMG_0094.jpg

Website is up!

Pictures of lanyards being used (keychains, knives, etc) are more then welcome! If you just want to show off, and would rather your picture did not appear on the site, please indicate so in your post.

If you got a lanyard (bought or received through the Pay It Forward thread) have anything (nice or not) to say about it, please post here, PM me, or send me an email!

Here's a great shot of a lanyard:

DSC01770.jpg

Thanks reeek for the picture! :D

Josh, your lanyards ROCK! :thumbup: You have a PM, and while I'm at it, here are a few pics:

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

Great pictures there! :thumbup:

I'm toying with the idea of making a couple more of these:

IMG_0130.jpg

What's different? Oh not much. Just a wee little bit bigger.

IMG_0131.jpg

Yes, that's a normal sized lanyard it's laying next to. :D

Comparision picture with a Spyderco Military
IMG_0132-1.jpg

If there's enough interest, I'll go out and see how much this will cost. I'm guessing ~$15 each, but it could be more or less depending on how much this stuff is per foot.

Can you make a lanyard like the "lethal edge" lanyard on the Emerson site? I don't care about the skull, but I like the green/black color on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back