Paramilitary 2 phosphor bronze washers

Can anyone tell me the exact dimensions of the paramilitary 2 washers? I need a new one as my PM2 is rough because one isn't flat. Thanks!

Has it always been that way? You can use 1000 grid sand paper to smooth it out and then 2000 and 3000 to polish it up and at the end use metal polish on a paper and do the final polish

I got it used, so whoever owned it took it apart probably and bent a edge of it. Not bad but enough to where no matter what I do it's rough 80% of the time. I already polished both washers with 2400, 3600, 4000, 6000, 8000, and 12000 grit, mirror finish on both sides except the one that is not flat has a big spot where the sand paper did nothing.

If it's dented or bent then it won't be any good, i have a new set of washers for ZT560 that might work, I will check the size tonight and post back

Non-Golden Spydies are SOL for replacement parts, but I'd bet they'd send you a couple of washers for a PM2. I'd call the warranty folks; worst they can do is say no.

Put the phosphor bronze washer between 2 thick steel washers and press it flat in a vise.
Have been using this method for years and it works very well.

Thanks guys, I'll try that kwackster! I tried something similar but didn't work well. But I'll try that tonight with the vise.

I'll give warranty a call if that doesn't work and hopefully the plant in Golden can send me one or two

I called customer service a few months ago because I bought a new PM2 that was missing a washer and they told me they do not send out washers!

Last edited:
Well this sucks...from spyderco themselves.

I’m sorry we do not ship any internal parts. The knife would need to be mailed in for warranty/repair evaluation.

I'm sorry that you are having trouble with your knife. Please send in your knife for warranty evaluation so we can determine if it’s a warranty issue or if your knife can be repaired.

When you send your knife in please include a check, cash, or money order for $5 S&H fee, a note stating the problem you are having with your knife, along with your name, return address (no P.O. Box please unless you are Military or outside the US ) and a phone number you can be reached at. If your knife is covered under warranty your $5 will be returned. Here is a link to our warranty page http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/index.php?item=10

If your knife is determined not to be covered by warranty and can be repaired there could be a $20 repair fee.

Yeah no thanks..I'll just figure out the inside diameter of the washers and order a 10 pack of my own for $5

Yeah no thanks..I'll just figure out the inside diameter of the washers and order a 10 pack of my own for $5

I'm in the same boat. I called Spyderco yesterday and was told the same thing. I just need to new PB washers.

Let me know if you find a source.

Cheers!

Let me know if you find a source.

I just googled "phosphor bronze washer" and found a website that sells parts for knife making. Looks like they have 10 different sizes of PB washers. I'd post a link but not sure if it's allowed.

I just googled "phosphor bronze washer" and found a website that sells parts for knife making. Looks like they have 10 different sizes of PB washers. I'd post a link but not sure if it's allowed.

I found that too yesterday but not exactly sure what size/thickness I need.

if my measurements are right the size needed is .43 x .196 x .01

Necro-bump.
Can anyone verify that these are the correct measurements?
I have a PM2 I bought second hand with a good bit of side to side wiggle.

if spyderco won't hold parts for CQI pretences, they should then send their knives with a spare set of screws, washers, springs and clip. that should not raise the price beyond a few dollars and would serve far better the customers. it a thing some quality Asian manufacturers do, and it really goes a long way in regards to appreciation.

Necro-bump.
Can anyone verify that these are the correct measurements?
I have a PM2 I bought second hand with a good bit of side to side wiggle.

Those measurements are correct, just checked one produced this April.

Back