Paramilitary 2 phosphor bronze washers

It would be nice if they sent the parts you requested, but I completely understand why they wont. They really don't want people disassembling their knives in the first place. It may even be a violation of the warranty from my understanding. I don't think they would encourage the violation of their own warranty.

This whole thread is a direct result of what I am talking about. Someone disassembled the knife, screwed up the washer, and now it's someone else's problem to deal with. Like it was said in another thread, sending out replacement parts just encourages the continued practice of taking knives apart, breaking them, and then expecting new parts, or passing a problem knife along to another unsuspecting person.

Also, they didn't say that the PB washers cost $20. They said there may be a charge of $20 charge if its not a warranty issue. That charge is likely one they pose when they have to take the time to repair a knife that someone screwed up. I would imagine that unmolested PB washers, screws, and other internal parts don't wear out that often. It doesn't seem like a big deal to me to have to send the whole knife in for repair after several years of use.

Here's what puzzles me. Why would someone who has the original washers need dimensions? I'm pretty sure that, no matter how badly I managed to screw up a washer, I'd still be able to flatten one enough to measure the OD, ID, and thickness.

Here's what puzzles me. Why would someone who has the original washers need dimensions? I'm pretty sure that, no matter how badly I managed to screw up a washer, I'd still be able to flatten one enough to measure the OD, ID, and thickness.

With what? Only thing I could think to use would be a micrometer.
I don't have a micrometer.

Has it always been that way? You can use 1000 grid sand paper to smooth it out and then 2000 and 3000 to polish it up and at the end use metal polish on a paper and do the final polish
i have been using this way to smooth out my washers for some years now!and always seems to work,at the end after the 3000 sand paper,i use 600 grit lapping compound form brownell's gun supply,but i think any lapping compound would work!after this the washers come out looking just like new and vary slippery,highly recommended,:thumbup:

I have a mic and a digital set of calipers

I also have three PM2's

But as I right now don't want to disassemble them to find out the dims

Well, if I didn't have one, I'd probably just use a ruler with 1/64 markings to measure OD given that it's not going to be all that critical. For ID, I probably use the butt end of drill bits. For thickness, I think I still have a feeler gauge from the days of points & plugs. If I had none of the above, I'd check with a couple friends to see if one of them had a micrometer or digital caliper. As a last resort, I'd go to the hardware store and "test drive" one. Wouldn't be the first time I've done that.

Well, if I didn't have one, I'd probably just use a ruler with 1/64 markings to measure OD given that it's not going to be all that critical. For ID, I probably use the butt end of drill bits. For thickness, I think I still have a feeler gauge from the days of points & plugs. If I had none of the above, I'd check with a couple friends to see if one of them had a micrometer or digital caliper. As a last resort, I'd go to the hardware store and "test drive" one. Wouldn't be the first time I've done that.

Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions. I'll get right on that.

Check out McMaster for new bushings

I searched that user name, came up in the search suggestions but then says there's no one with that name.
Maybe he changed his user name. Hmm...

Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions. I'll get right on that.
Am sure you will

I searched that user name, came up in the search suggestions but then says there's no one with that name.
Maybe he changed his user name. Hmm...
Pretty sure he was suggesting you check out McMaster Carr, an industrial supply company. Not sure if linking would be ok, but you can Google them if you wish.

Pretty sure he was suggesting you check out McMaster Carr, an industrial supply company. Not sure if linking would be ok, but you can Google them if you wish.

Your correct I did some looking and McMaster didn't have anything the right size I could find

Best bet is one of the knife specific web stores for parts

Back