"Park Ranger". . . Pics, Specs, and Pricing!. . . Coming Sept. 20, 2017

This is probably the most photographed release thread lol Finally Tomorrow I'll be able to ad My pic to this thread

This is probably the most photographed release thread lol Finally Tomorrow I'll be able to ad My pic to this thread
I can't wait to finally get mine in hand... Too bad mine is still awaiting shipment.

That being said, I feel the grab bag pics may be up there, but for an individual knife, probably.

Has anyone etched their INFI PR yet? I have the battery and wired clips but I've never done it before. Do I need to scrape away some of the paint/coating so the clip has direct contact with the INFI? Thanks

Has anyone etched their INFI PR yet? I have the battery and wired clips but I've never done it before. Do I need to scrape away some of the paint/coating so the clip has direct contact with the INFI? Thanks

I didn’t. I just clipped it to the bare sharpened edge of the blade and it worked great. But if that doesn’t work then most say scraping some coating off near the edge helps.

Mine shipped this morning !
Maroon micarta and desert bronze battle grade.
Same configuration shipped to me this morning.

Unfortunately my USPS is a painfully slow delivery from two states over...

Mine is sitting in my jeep lol picked it up at lunch, didn' open it, waiting to get off work in 3hrs to do it lol

I didn’t. I just clipped it to the bare sharpened edge of the blade and it worked great. But if that doesn’t work then most say scraping some coating off near the edge helps.

Ok, I'll give that a try.

Now I forgot...am I supposed to use white vinegar or salt water on the q-tip? Thanks

Ok, I'll give that a try.

Now I forgot...am I supposed to use white vinegar or salt water on the q-tip? Thanks

I used salt water and it works great. Use a LOT of salt. Better to have too much then not enough. And change qtips often. I use one side of qtip to etch then the other dry side to clean, then throw away, get a new one and repeat. :)

Just got this one today , for sure on top of the pile so far
mqhmb0C.jpg

Satin/ Maroon Canvas delivered yesterday... NO QC or Sharpened By stickers on the cardboard???

Satin/ Maroon Canvas delivered yesterday... NO QC or Sharpened By stickers on the cardboard???
Rumor has it that Garth was the only one sharpening (afaik) due to a bug going around the shop. The folks in labeling or QC may have also caught it, and being short handed, missed one or two.

I wouldn't sweat it, but I am sure if you were to shoot an email over, they could address it directly. Personally, I wouldn't bother, but then again, I am planning on using mine...

Mine is landing tomorrow (SR101, Maroon Canvas/Bronze), but I worked out a deal for a BIG DC/Black G10, so we will see which one sticks around.

Absolutely could not be happier with this knife. The cell pic does not do it justice. The green has a very cool metallic sheen and is smoother than it seamed like it would be from previous pics. Black canvas always seams to have a little faded green in it to match. Just like tan canvas sometimes has a little red in it. Feels as if it will perform like a "little big knife" if that makes sense. The handle is kinda mudder shaped and I thought it felt small (I have medium hands) but because of the shape and angle of the blade it's easy to choke up on sideways with a thumb directly on the side of the blade over the logo, which I do for detail stuff or cooking sometimes. One could definitely take this on long multi day hikes and not get annoyed by the weight.

This is probably the beginning of a much longer post I've been meaning to write on just chilling out and trusting Jerry.

K4GOwo1.jpg
lQgoXtz.jpg

Last edited:
Back