Passaround = Koster BushMaster

Info sent via email - thanks!

Dan

OK-Bushcrafts enroute to KIAH, i included an army magnesium firesteel. Keep it pass it on whatever!!!!! thanks again DAN

Wahoo.. half way down the list now! :D :thumbup: It seems like forever when you are that last man down the list :)

stump it is well worth the wait, id suggest getting a sandpaper sharpening setup ready if no one before you does so, the knives are great, but they have seen some major use!!!

i wish i had time to get them straight, however i know i will order several of these once they come available.

Dan, order a lot of steel!!!

be prepared, be ready, hire a seceratary you will be overwhelmed with orders!!!!

Wahoo.. half way down the list now! :D :thumbup: It seems like forever when you are that last man down the list :)

It's even worse when you're at the top of the list and have to wait 'til the passaround's over to order one!

Got 'em about 10 minutes ago. First impression is that I like the tapered tang a lot better. I'll get a review up Tomorrow or Monday, and have pass them on Monday evening.

Storms kept me indoors all weekend, so I'll take some pics this evening and drop the knives in the mail Tomorrow morning. Dan, PM me the addy for the next person on the list.

I like the design. They are very nice looking knives, and pretty comfortable in hand. I like the tapered tang better. It has a better balance.

On the con side: The handle is a bit too large for my hand. This isn't really a negative, as I find most handles don't fit me well, but it is a bit big for those who prefer a smaller handle. I would also prefer a thicker tip.

Both knives are pretty dull. I tried to do some fuzzsticks, but the results were not worth photographing, as the knives would not cut well. The profile is very nice, but they are in need of a sharpening, and I didn't have time to do it.

Overall I think they are nice knives, and would make a nice knife for those who prefer a slightly larger than standard bushcrafting blade for normal use.

attachment.php

I'm in for the day, so I'll drop these at the PO in the morning. PN should have them Thursday or Friday.

Attachments

• DSCN0795.jpg
    DSCN0795.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 445
Very pleased with these knives, and am likely to purchase one if they become available. They are sized right for my hand (average?) and are contoured well. Solid feel without being too hefty. Arrived pretty dull as brother kiahs noted, so I gently touched them up on my sharpmaker. Light use fuzzing up some sticks and causing general mayhem on a woodpile, and they performed well. Could tell that these blades had been through the ringer, but I like the appearance of a well-worn knife. Definitely like the thumb serrations on the micarta knife. The included leather sheaths are durable in appearance and well made. As for feel and balance, I could not tell much difference between the two, though this is somewhat subjective. I think the micarta gave a slightly better grip, and that would be my preference. Also prefer the look of the straight tang (as opposed to the tapered), and the straight tang would theoretically make for a somewhat stronger knife, but unless you use it to pry a car door open I can't fathom stressing a blade enough for the non-tapered tang to make a difference. I would be happy with either flavor.

124001Large.jpg

124008Large.jpg

124007Large.jpg

124006Large.jpg

124011Large.jpg

124017Large.jpg

124022Large.jpg

Last edited:

It's even worse when you're at the top of the list and have to wait 'til the passaround's over to order one!

Yea that's just as bad I would say!! :D BTW SoulRack awesome review you gave!

Thanks, it was fun to do too. I am looking forward to getting my own bushmaster, hopefully by the end of the year.

Knives were mailed Tues 4/20 via usps priority with DC to mapper 66. Thx.

Last edited:
great news - thanks!

For those going to the Blade Show - I will have 2 Bush-Masters on my table there.

If you can make - drop on by!

Dan

Bushmasters arrived safe and sound. First impressions are fantastic; already have a 'well-used' look. I was prepared to hate the tapered tang and say so; I can already tell I was wrong. It has a significantly different feel to me and drives the weight of the blade forward nicely, the balance is just right for me. Maybe I could get Dan to keep it full tang, but put some lightening holes in the tang....

Edited to add: the taper on this thing is sweet. I'm generally not a fan of tapers, but Dan's got the taper thing nailed. Even has the cool black liners, as everyone else probably already noticed. :cool: This could make me want a tapered tang....

Will post a more extensive review Sunday or Monday.

Last edited:
Hey hillst1, you are next up! Been trying to contact you since Monday, please PM or email me your shipping info.

Back