Past Forum Knives in use!!

OK. But I think it's very GREEN Stag and it's not so cool on a small knife like this either.

AmcK8L9.jpg

To me, that’s nothing but patina. Looks like a well loved knife. My 81 stockman is doing that. I’d use the heck out of that one!

This is my first BladeForums knife . Never really cared for the Micarta but I really wanted it because it was my first TC Barlow . Great little knife but I have kept it as a Safe Queen even though I am a Fan of the Sheepfoot blade . I am a little bit sorry that I do not use it some because it could be a great user .

The 2019 BladeForums knife is a Great One . I do carry it some and it is a great carry . Really like the blade . I bought 2 of them but 2 of my close family indicated that they wanted one so I let them have them . Then my good friend Half/Stop Half/Stop Ron gifted me one .and this is it . I think that I have very few knives that will measure up to this one as a User . Very well made with a great blade .

I have no recent photos of it after using it because I usually carry 2 every day .

Harry
;) :D :thumbsup:

That’s why I inquired as to whether swapping the scales counted. Please don’t spoil the good tone of this thread.

This is the first I've seen the knife (I haven't followed BF closely enough). What a NICE knife! Where was it made?
Made by Buck, in Post Falls, Idaho. :)
(sorry, I don't know the street address)

By popular vote:
Buck 301 with Spey/Budding blade delete (I do miss that blade ...), CPM154 blades with long pulls, and natural drop Elk antler/stag covers (no Elk were harmed, made into sausage, steaks, roasts ...).

Last edited:
I'll need to take a new picture for this thread of my 2015 in action, but I rarely think to take a picture of it even though I care it pretty much daily. The rest of the knives in the picture are the other traditionals I own that actually get pocket time (the 2018 is in that crowd), but none of them really ever displace the 2015 for long.

full

I try to only buy knives that I think I’ll use. I’ve ended up getting 2 forum knives, both of which I carry and use. Here are a couple of recycled pictures of them. Here is the 2017 at work posing with some cows:
idtt0a0.jpg

And here’s the 2019 at work a couple months ago cutting some poly pipe:
04uM12E.jpg

They are both great knives that I like and use frequently. I’m looking forward to using this year’s knife also.

More of the Buck with a strong food theme running here, what can I say, I like food! :D

9.jpg

7.jpg

12.jpg

not a good spreading blade to be honest but the chopped liver made up for it.

21.jpg

Not a good meat processing blade either, the blade is just too short, but it did the job.

Like our good thread host I have darkened mine to different flavours over time using potassium permanganate, it doesn't seem to last long though, a month of carry and use and it's back to its original 'look'. I also had it thinned out to a 0.015" BTE and 15 degree edge on both blades. It's wickedly sharp!

buck_5.jpg

Back