Past Forum Knives in use!!

I have all the Forum knives going back to (at least) 2010. The only one I use is the 2013 Irish Congress. To me this is the ideal Traditional Forum Knife, and representational of what I always hope we can accomplish with the annual; resurrection of an old, unusual, pattern. Sadly, looking back, this is not very often carried out; the ring pull and the easy open being the other major variations on that theme I can recall. I like to think that this forum, having prevailed on manufacturers to provide such examples, encouraged them to make available even larger runs in those patterns. There are so many patterns that are no longer available that it seems like a wasted opportunity when we "settle" for a current pattern with minimal cosmetic changes.

LgvZEFV.jpg

Here’s my ‘19 forum knife...I’ve used it a lil ;)

ymWi0Qr.jpg

NXDesGa.jpg

I used to have the ‘17 TC, but gifted it to a member here who got me into the traditional niche in the first place, and they weren’t able to score one so I figured they deserved it

Last edited:
I used the 2011 Easy Open as my EDC for 8 years until I lost it last year. :(:mad:. I went online to see if any were for sale and there weren't, but the last ones sold were for $500! Mine was less than $100...lol . I sure miss it. It broke my heart to lose it. Now I carry the 2013 Congress Jack, the GEC 2010 AAPK Interior Rams Horn Trapper, or a Case Trapper daily. Still miss my 2011...

I have all the Forum knives going back to (at least) 2010. The only one I use is the 2013 Irish Congress. To me this is the ideal Traditional Forum Knife, and representational of what I always hope we can accomplish with the annual; resurrection of an old, unusual, pattern. Sadly, looking back, this is not very often carried out; the ring pull and the easy open being the other major variations on that theme I can recall. I like to think that this forum, having prevailed on manufacturers to provide such examples, encouraged them to make available even larger runs in those patterns. There are so many patterns that are no longer available that it seems like a wasted opportunity when we "settle" for a current pattern with minimal cosmetic changes.

LgvZEFV.jpg

I understand your POV but the problem surely, is prevailing upon the (dwindling) manufacturers to resurrect and make us a pattern. Then there's the commercial aspects, people demanding a price ceiling so we can be 'inclusive' and the Forum owner to be factored in, no easy task.

I have posted these pics up before, but thought they would be appropriate for this thread.

I get a lot of joy using this knife. It’s comfortable to hold and looks great.

Here I am using it to check silk development and using the ebony as contrast to see if pollen is still viable.
A155BBF4-3687-49C5-A4ED-1626F47352FE.jpeg EDB2DD6B-FDAA-4331-95AB-5650361677DA.jpeg

Ok, here is the 2019 with some new duds. The stag is some I have been playing around with dyeing techniques. It's also thinner than the other stag I had on it, so not so bulky in the pocket. Please excuse the poor pin work, it's been apart a few too many times now, but still very serviceable, and I think it'll get more pocket time now. Oh yeah, I added a spacer in between the blades.

BF2019-6.jpg
BF2019-5.jpg
BF2019-4.jpg

Back