Past Forum Knives in use!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waynorth, Aug 23, 2020.

1. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    I have all the Forum knives going back to (at least) 2010. The only one I use is the 2013 Irish Congress. To me this is the ideal Traditional Forum Knife, and representational of what I always hope we can accomplish with the annual; resurrection of an old, unusual, pattern. Sadly, looking back, this is not very often carried out; the ring pull and the easy open being the other major variations on that theme I can recall. I like to think that this forum, having prevailed on manufacturers to provide such examples, encouraged them to make available even larger runs in those patterns. There are so many patterns that are no longer available that it seems like a wasted opportunity when we "settle" for a current pattern with minimal cosmetic changes.

[​IMG]

2. metsfan

metsfan Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Here’s my ‘19 forum knife...I’ve used it a lil ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used to have the ‘17 TC, but gifted it to a member here who got me into the traditional niche in the first place, and they weren’t able to score one so I figured they deserved it

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    akaMatt, ArchVV, paulhilborn and 19 others like this.
  3. pwcb2005

pwcb2005

Jan 2, 2011
    I used the 2011 Easy Open as my EDC for 8 years until I lost it last year. :(:mad:. I went online to see if any were for sale and there weren't, but the last ones sold were for $500! Mine was less than $100...lol . I sure miss it. It broke my heart to lose it. Now I carry the 2013 Congress Jack, the GEC 2010 AAPK Interior Rams Horn Trapper, or a Case Trapper daily. Still miss my 2011...

4. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    I feel your pain. I missed that years initial purchase due to a extended visit to the sandbox, and paid dearly to make up for it. Even then it took me five years to find one.

waynorth, abbydaddy and pwcb2005 like this.
  5. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    I understand your POV but the problem surely, is prevailing upon the (dwindling) manufacturers to resurrect and make us a pattern. Then there's the commercial aspects, people demanding a price ceiling so we can be 'inclusive' and the Forum owner to be factored in, no easy task.

6. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Retired now. But enjoying it ;)

[​IMG]

akaMatt, paulhilborn, Spaten and 15 others like this.
  7. kamagong

kamagong Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2001
    The sheepsfoot on the 2015 works very well in removing the answer section from my daughter's workbook.

[​IMG]

8. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I bought two 2010s and forced a patina on one of them and opened a couple letters and put it back into its box. The other one is still in its box. Looking for owners. 2lseerl.jpg 2qisldv.jpg 20r1po9.jpg iw52y9.jpg

9. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    I have posted these pics up before, but thought they would be appropriate for this thread.

I get a lot of joy using this knife. It’s comfortable to hold and looks great.

Here I am using it to check silk development and using the ebony as contrast to see if pollen is still viable.
    A155BBF4-3687-49C5-A4ED-1626F47352FE.jpeg EDB2DD6B-FDAA-4331-95AB-5650361677DA.jpeg

10. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Pomsbz and brownshoe like this.
  11. kamagong

kamagong Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2001
    Yes sir. The 2010 is a big, heavy beast.

[​IMG]

12. Finedges

Finedges

Jul 6, 2009
    Just noticed this thread. I’ve been absent of late (last 5-6 years or so). These traditionals have held my interest and have gained much use.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

akaMatt, paulhilborn, Spaten and 15 others like this.
  13. Chief

Chief Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000 Platinum Member

Nov 15, 1998
    Had several but ended up giving them all away. Should have kept this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    Ok, here is the 2019 with some new duds. The stag is some I have been playing around with dyeing techniques. It's also thinner than the other stag I had on it, so not so bulky in the pocket. Please excuse the poor pin work, it's been apart a few too many times now, but still very serviceable, and I think it'll get more pocket time now. Oh yeah, I added a spacer in between the blades.

BF2019-6.jpg
    BF2019-5.jpg
    BF2019-4.jpg

15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I would have ordered that one.

16. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    I wouldn't :D Blade each end beats 2 blades one end every time for me at least :cool:

waynorth, Shurke and Pomsbz like this.
  17. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    [​IMG]

18. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Who says Micarta can't age well? Looks a treat:cool:

waynorth and Jolipapa like this.
  19. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks, Will. I agree, my friend.:thumbsup:
    Makes for a very unique TC as well! Thanks Charlie!:D @waynorth

waynorth, Jolipapa and Will Power like this.
  20. Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Yes a very handy knife too, nice long Sheepfoot in a trim package :cool:

waynorth, Ramrodmb and Jolipapa like this.