Pendergast novels.

Now I'm sad, I've finished all the Pendergast novels and its the same feeling that once you finish binge watching a great neflix series and you realize thats all there is. You get used to the characters and their thing, and the plot becomes almost secondary.

I've started on the Cormoran Strike novels now. Thats one thing about this pandemic, got lots of reading done.

Now I'm sad, I've finished all the Pendergast novels and its the same feeling that once you finish binge watching a great neflix series and you realize thats all there is. You get used to the characters and their thing, and the plot becomes almost secondary.

I've started on the Cormoran Strike novels now. Thats one thing about this pandemic, got lots of reading done.

If you like Preston and Child, I just read "The Blood Gospel" by James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell. FANTASTIC.

Heads up to a new Prendergast release. "Bloodless" is being released on Aug 17th, I already have a hold at my library. I use Amazon to search favorite authors and to see if there are new books coming, works great. I put it in my Wish List and then keep checking to see if it's on the incoming list at the library.

Started one of the Theodore Roosevelt books on hunting in the Dakotas and switched over to a fantasy novel. I have a number of the Teddy Roosevelt books now on my tablet. They read just fine and he wrote well.... just not "action packed" and I get bored easily. I feel sure I will go back to it and read again.

When you've finished Teddy, try the Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant. He was a great writer and IMO the best autobiographist in American literature, but most of it is about his campaigns in the American Civil War. It is not a book for you if you don't enjoy military history. You can download it from Project Gutenberg in EPUB or Kindle format:

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/4367

Download an eBook "with images" to a tablet: it has lots of maps. It was scanned from the 1885 edition which was better printed than the hard copy in my library. Grant's friend Sam Clemens had the printing done by his own publisher and supervised the marketing. Grant died of throat cancer five days after finishing his manuscript; his widow got $450,000 in royalties from the first edition.

Love the Pendergast series, have read them all (most more than once). IMO, the best of the bunch are the "Helen trilogy": Fever Dream, Cold Vengeance, and Two Graves.
Always look forward to new releases in the series, and I just finished the newest release, "Bloodless".

Back