Pens

JK Knives

I know you all collect knives, and some collect flashlights, but does anyone else like pens? I've got several I like, but would like to see more.

Yeah I like them, too. I have a couple of Parkers, a few Fisher Space Pens, and a Cross fountain pen. Have a Machine Era brass pen that takes Pilot G2 refills that I like a lot. It’s heavy and feels good in hand.
I’ve had to curb my urge. I spend too much on knives and flashlights already. Can’t let myself do that with pens. There are a lot of cool custom designs out there, though.

I have an older Retro 51 Tornado in machined checkered-flag that I have had for 15 years or so. I also have a nice ZT prototype aluminum pen that I carry daily, and a couple other ZT Ti pens.

I like a nice pen, but I would not consider myself any kind of collector of them.

best

mqqn

Way too many pens here too. Nothing super fancy. Mostly Parker, Cross and Duke.

I carry a ti-bolt daily and I love it. I had a couple of Hinderer investigators that I lost. I liked them, but the bolt is more convienent and more substantial so it's harder to lose.

I've got the hots for this one :
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Hinderer-Knives-Titanium--50910

I have this one and highly recommend it. I EDC it daily at work. Be aware it is a fountain pen (my favorite) but it does take tuning and some maintenance. I love seeing that wet ink on the paper ! ! !
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Schrade-Tactical-Pen-Tactical--8189
IMG_3263.jpg

What is the best writing ball point on the planet bar non ? ( I won't even listen to talk about there being anything better). Space pen . . . bahhhhh . . . I have several . . . do you really need to write while laying on your back ? I don't.
Recently I cut down the core of the pen below to fit in my Space pen. No joke. Works MUCH better.

THIS is the best writing pen on the planet. Seven dollars to the box of twelve. (! ! ! )
The BIC Velocity
https://www.amazon.com/BIC-Velocity...78210&sr=8-2&keywords=bic+velocity+pens+black

Last edited:
DSCN3115.JPG

The Cross on the far left went to China with me on two different trips, it's one of my favorites.
From the left Cross, Cross, Beretta, Fisher, Fisher, Kershaw, and a no name.

Last edited:
Here’s three I like and use a lot. Space pen rides with the field notes notebook. Space pen capomatic rides I my pack. I like the fine blue refills in those. The brass Machine Era pen takes pilot G2 refills. I also like fine blue in that one too.

AOMsyq4.jpg

Here’s three I like and use a lot. Space pen rides with the field notes notebook. Space pen capomatic rides I my pack. I like the fine blue refills in those. The brass Machine Era pen takes pilot G2 refills. I also like fine blue in that one too.

AOMsyq4.jpg
I like that brass one

A few Cross Pens, I have a couple metal tubular pens (not Cross) that I cannot find filters for,it is just so cool to take the cap off and feel a good solid barrel but a shame I cannot use them. Let's see some more.

I just recently got into pens especially fountain pens love the way they write just wish they weren't so expensive. I do have a brass Karas Kustoms ball point and a Karas Kustoms Copper fountain pen coming in the mail I'm pretty excited for.

View attachment 896398

The Cross on the far left went to China with me on two different trips, it's one of my favorites.
From the left Cross, Cross, Beretta, Fisher, Fisher, Kershaw, and a no name.
The no-name was given to us by Uncle Bill at a Michigan gathering. I still have it and the flashlight that he gave us, and both still work! I keep the flashlight in the console of my truck, just replaced the batteries for the first time, and the pen I used daily until I got the ZT.

THanks Uncle Bill!!

best

mqqn

I can't remember the last time I bought a pen.
I only have one fancy pen, hand made by forum member Dopic1.
Other than that I use pens I pick here and there from various merchants.

p0Xhbms.jpg

Back