Perfect Rainstorm! CRK wows me again in 2017.

Looks nice! My EDC is headed to the mothership next week for it's damascus blade also.

Looks nice! My EDC is headed to the mothership next week for it's damascus blade also.

Thanks everyone! Stoked about this knife.

Lone Wolfe:
Assuming it's the UG with the cabochon, it's gonna look amazing. Are you getting the slabs polished/graphics re-coloured as well, or just the blade? Which Damascus did you choose?

Thanks everyone! Stoked about this knife.

Lone Wolfe:
Assuming it's the UG with the cabochon, it's gonna look amazing. Are you getting the slabs polished/graphics re-coloured as well, or just the blade? Which Damascus did you choose?

Re-anodizing that one would ruin it, since it's one that was drawn/anoed blue/drawn some more/anoed purple/drawn still more-anoed gold. One of Lisa's most involved ones, and can never be redone in the different colors. I'm also going to ask them not to do any scratch removal or blasting of the back at all. Same with the scratches on the blade, I only want the plain blade sharpened before it comes off. Here's my blade, I wanted a looser pattern this time and Kayla was kind enough to pick through and find me this one.

RaindropSide2_zpsnwuqscme.jpg~original

RaindropSide1_zpsk0oapque.jpg~original

Last edited:
Wow! That looks great! Can't wait to see it fitted. Also I am glad you are keeping the character of your EDC. It's kinda famous around here.

Raindrops on a Grapevine, of course. Plus, I think that sloppy, loose one I picked will follow the flow of that design.

I don't think it looks sloppy. In fact, it looks more like raindrops in a puddle than the other variations, mine included. My pattern should really be called "Cinnamon Buns Damascus". I like it, but it looks nothing like raindrops, whereas yours does.

I don't think it looks sloppy. In fact, it looks more like raindrops in a puddle than the other variations, mine included. My pattern should really be called "Cinnamon Buns Damascus". I like it, but it looks nothing like raindrops, whereas yours does.

That's a good name for yours. I call the loose pattern like on mine Pebble Beach, because it looks like tiny ripples washing up on some stones. Especially fitting for a UG that looks like a grapevine.

Kind of reminds me of paper in a printing press flowing over the rollers...

But I've been sniffing a lot of paint thinner today cleaning out brushes, while drinking a twelve pack of Natural Light.

Last edited:
Back