PGA#4 for 2/17 -- HIKK supergiveaway.

Remember this one? I think we called this the HIKK and if my memory serves me correctly (doubtful) we charged $195 for the original run. Pala found this one and said to get rid of it for $115.

This one is done by KNN and he's done a fine job on it -- 15 inches and 27 ounces -- sharp top and bottome (search on HIKK will yield reviews and more info). Scabbard old style but well done, tooled, and 100 year HI superfrog. The only thing I can find wrong with the entire rig is the horn has shrunk a little about an inch down from forward part of the handle and could use a little epoxy filler. That's not much work to save $80.

Call or email for this supergiveaway.

Attachments

• pga#4 for 2-17 -- hikk by knn.jpg
    pga#4 for 2-17 -- hikk by knn.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 301
Let's try this again. My ISP kicked me off when I pressed the send button.

Uncle, You have mail.

Yow!!!

Some folks may need to check their local laws before buying that...I think some places have outlawed knives with both sides sharpened. That's a mighty poweful looking thing. You could sharpen one side for slicing, and the other for chopping, like a limbing/felling axe. cool.

Colorado, where hunting, backpacking, climbing and related outdoor activities are a way of life, is pretty sensible about such things. I don't think any trouble there.

Originally posted by firkin
Yow!!!

Some folks may need to check their local laws before buying that...I think some places have outlawed knives with both sides sharpened.

Because of course a knife with both sides sharpened is more dangerous, right? :rolleyes: A person can only actively use one side at a time really...

B.

in the language used by many statutes to describe double-edged knives, including Texas, were traditionally considered to be assassin's weapons and thus proper objects to be banned. Like the contemporary idiocy regarding "assault weapons", such laws blame the object for the illegal conduct in which they are used.
[Edited to put 2 "t"s in stiletto:eek:]

Outdoors activities are the norm here, but I've noticed that they no longer wear anything but Patagonia/REI type clothes. Hikers aren't just a neighbor who wants some quiet. Neighbors usually stop by for a cup of coffee and a bit on the weather scene. They'll give you a hand on the fence or whatever your working on. Mine do.
Hikers bring their dogs. I love dogs,my dogs are my children, but a dog doesn't have the right to run my livestock or chew their hooves/tails. I've run into a few folks who have berated ME for letting their dogs get at my stock. Apparently, I'm not supposed to let my animals "loose", on my property,giving their pets the chance to run them into the ravine. The distractions must be my fault. People who want to enjoy the quiet and solitude still need to be respectful of others.
I've met and known some of the "leave no trace" types who take their own BM back with them to civilization. Yet, these same people, make huge ruts in the road that takes a lot of energy/Ben-Gay to fix I don't want to expend due to someone's inexperience because they don't know how to use a 4x4. It takes all kinds.
To meet me, you'd be hard pressed to get more than a few words from me. However, it is hard to bite back a reply to a person who gives you a moral judgement while standing a 1/4 mile into your property, past the no trespassing signs and cow fence.
Khuks just seem to exacerbate the situation. Big knife= small brain I've been told. I've had people speculate on personal physical aspects of my anatomy since I have a BIG KNIFE. These same people drive huge SUVs and wear the MOST expensive outfit they can find.
Live and let live.

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes the Insanity just seems too much.

excellent and most perceptive rant:

These same people drive huge SUVs and wear the MOST expensive outfit they can find.

Their SUV also ends up in the snowy ditch while the guy driving a little compact car with a bag of gravel in the trunk drives right by. The guy in the little car may also have some other stuff like a small shovel or a couple of boards so he can drive out if he gets stuck too.

...for years, Rog. When we lived south of Denver, I had special dispensation to hike on Martin Co. property in an area called Deer Creek Canyon (one of several in the area - this was fenced, with a manned guard shack because it bordered the plant). The boys and I would take the dog the length of the canyon to a small dam, skip rocks, and walk back. This was the ONE place I knew without mobs and snobs. A friend at work wanted to go along one Saturday AM, and met us at the gate. He drove the station wagon, because he knew the area was rural. He wore hiking shorts, because, well, that is what you "did". He wanted to be sure the area was clear of snakes and animals, so the wife could come next time. He wore an ascot in the open collar of his shirt, and the damn guards never let me forget it afterwards (what happened to your cute friend?) Alan, now past 40, was four at the time, so the yuppies and their strange ways had infiltrated Colorado even then. There was an incident one year in which a man shot his brother-in-law during bear season, "Thought he was a bear"....at 50 yds., with a .30-06, through a 4-power scope. The BIL was wearing red shirt, coat and pants. The article didn't mention it, but I bet he had on a red ascot, too :rolleyes:

Places in CO that attract the super rich have not helped.

I used to go to Aspen but not anymore.

Originally posted by Berkley
in the language used by many statutes to describe double-edged knives, including Texas, were traditionally considered to be assassin's weapons and thus proper objects to be banned. Like the contemporary idiocy regarding "assault weapons", such laws blame the object for the illegal conduct in which they are used.
[Edited to put 2 "t"s in stiletto:eek:]

Personally I think there should be some sort of sensibility in these laws. I'm not going to say where the cut-off point should be, because, after talking to people here about gun-laws, I feel even less sure about what the proper thing to do with those is. But, if hand-guns are allowed, then any sort of edged weapon should be allowed. If a state/nation whatever allows people to carry things which are designed purely as weapons (I'm not making a judgment here, just observation--I'm not using the term with a 'negative connotation'--& not that 'weapons' are not useful in certain circumstances), then knives, which are multifunctional, should be allowed too.

And the silly thing is that poinards & stilettos (at least the objects I use those words for) don't have any edge, or, on those which are edged, it is the point that is used for killing, not the blade. And some 'dirks' are single-edged.

in any case, bas, enough of my ranting...

B.

I better not get started on this one! I'm with you guys on this one!
Our town is just over 11,000 and has alot of farm land in the area.
Guess who just moved in...a couple from California !!:barf: They just keep moving here an ruining our once quiet town! I've already had them tell me they don't like how we let our dog fetch the ball in the front yard off the leash! I think the next time they say something to me I'm going to suggest that they bring their fat --- back to California and stop ruining our State!

These people ruin their state with their big cars and then come to ruin our state!

Born in Colorado, die in Colorado!

And the silly thing is that poinards & stilettos (at least the objects I use those words for) don't have any edge, or, on those which are edged, it is the point that is used for killing, not the blade.

Not to mention the things that you describe would be much easier to conceal, discretely use, and quicker in the hand. But I bet the people that made that law would think that the HIKK deserves to banned even more; because in their eyes (no eye-brain connection involved here) it looks even more "dangerous". Just sitting somewhere, all by itself ;) :barf:

I suspect that anyone skilled enough to be a proper assassin (at least one who wants to live another day) would prefer an icepick or a sharpened screwdriver....

Most of these laws are based solely upon the mistaken perception of the ignorant, and I suspect often purposely vague "just in case".

Icepics run $1.79 at wally-world, I have a few to use as awls. Funny thing with a puncture wound that small is that it closes real fast. I betcha everyone knows what a flechette (sp) is, a nail with fins that is shot from a shotgun or an artillary shell. Story goes that field doctors get people in that are barely alive, no open wounds, take an x-ray of their bellys, and are full of the things.

My next door neighbor is an ex-guard at a local prison. He has some neat shank stories too. Fact is that if you want a knife to kill, you get a cheap one so that you can dispose of it. (Why do you think good combat knives cost $50 bucks?? So it wont break your heart to lose it.) According to my guard buddy you go find something hard and rub it on a piece of concrete. (Even the common denominator is getting more intelligent these days:rolleyes: )

But politicians are SITLL not this smart. (What??? My feet could be kicked out from under me and my skull smashed on the floor??? No??? A determined attacker would use a weapon!!! ) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you get the picture, SD!

A well honed garden trowel would be smaller and easier to conceal than the HIKK, ever heard of anybody using one of those as a shiv???

The moe-rons are in charge.

Back