Phone call from Nepal. More bad news.

Prayers are with them, I sent some angels over there so hopefully they can help !!

Originally posted by munk
end of my tirade-- >> beoram

why, we don't agree upon everything, but if you can't have a tirade then surely I can't either, and what fun would that be?

As for the ability to speak english- overated.

I will never forget, though, When Bush was in Europe the first time and at least one of the foriegn heads of state spoke better english as a second language than he did as a first...Bush did a great job on his call to arms after the crisis, his english more than good enough to mobilize action.

I think the figurehead of a country should have a reasonable grasp on his native language (or at least in some language...) as he represents the people.

YOu thought Bush's call to arms was carried off well? I must say I didn't have that feeling...he seemed too deadpan and he made some comment about 'getting the varmits who did this' (or something like that) which seemed more appropriately applied to someone stealing one's chickens than crashing aeroplanes into NYC. But perhaps I'm biased.

posted by Bill Martino
I'll tell you exactly what they need: A brand new government elected by the people for the people. You need outside monitors in every village at every poll with somebody who can verbally explain to those who can't read and write what and who they can vote for in the first real free election.

I'd agree too - but keeping the monarchy I'd say (obviously).

--B.

Getting basic supplies means taking your life in your hands to get to the supplier, purchase the supplies, and get them back. This means that special orders which require special materials are going to take longer or perhaps become unavailable.
Uncle Bill,
Please consider my PITA order for tools to be on indefinite hold. The last thing in the world I would want to have happen is for any of the BirGorkha family to be injured, or worse, while trying to pick up the materials for some spoiled American's playtoy.
BB

Wish there was an easy answer for the problems in Nepal. Pala and the rest at BirGorkha have our prayers.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
I'll tell you exactly what they need: A brand new government elected by the people for the people. You need outside monitors in every village at every poll with somebody who can verbally explain to those who can't read and write what and who they can vote for in the first real free election.

ONCE I find out which cable channel my friend is referring to I'll post it's call letters or network name. But he also informed that there was talk of turning things over to the UN Blue Berets when the US/UK leave pending a plebicite monitored closely by the international community to make sure it's on the up and up.

Back