Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

Loving my EDC2 :thumbsup::)

sbTlIst.jpg

Last edited:
WESTINGHOUSE MICARTA

Here are a couple of unique CPKs , an FK in 3v and an EDC1. What makes them one offs is the handle material, which comes from the same piece of Westinghouse micarta used in the Dagger that's pictured. Only after the small supply of the Westinghouse micarta was used did Nathan find the antique micarta we all have come to love so much!

I love the rarity of the real Westinghouse micarta material, but for sheer beauty, just about any edgecut antique micarta from Nathan beats this Westinghouse when it comes to the WOW factor, as is obvious from that beauty from Gus, above this post.

PS: For those who are unaware of the length of the Dagger, it is only a couple inches shorter than a Behemoth.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Now that I have 2 of every CPK pattern which I own with the exception of the Behemoth (in on one through the preorder list to be added to my BC-Proto later in the year) I'm going to take "couple's photos" probably tomorrow just because I don't think that I'm too much into the NFL and specially their SBs anymore! This will give my an opportunity to both play with my CPKs and also watch the Puppy Bowl on the Animal Planet channel :)

WESTINGHOUSE MICARTA

Here are a couple of unique CPKs , an FK in 3v and an EDC1. What makes them one offs is the handle material, which comes from the same piece of Westinghouse micarta used in the Dagger that's pictured. Only after the small supply of the Westinghouse micarta was used did Nathan find the antique micarta we all have come to love so much!

I love the rarity of the real Westinghouse micarta material, but for sheer beauty, just about any edgecut antique micarta from Nathan beats this Westinghouse when it comes to the WOW factor, as is obvious from that beauty from Gus, above this post.

PS: For those who are unaware of the length of the Dagger, it is only a couple inches shorter than a Behemoth.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

This might make some cringe:
I think I have a set of westinghouse micarta from a pre-delta FK. But I didn't know what I had and a few months ago, after drinking some bourbon, rit dyed them black. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but they looked just like the scales on the FK above and it was also a pre-delta 3V. They are currently on my D3V FK and with Eric at Mashed Cat, but I'll dig around and see if I can find a pic.

I think I have a set of westinghouse micarta from a pre-delta FK. But I didn't know what I had and a few months ago, after drinking some bourbon, rit dyed them black. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but they looked just like the scales on the FK above and it was also a pre-delta 3V. They are currently on my D3V FK and with Eric at Mashed Cat, but I'll dig around and see if I can find a pic.

I’m 99.9% sure you are ok and it was just standard micarta. AFAIK Bob has the only knives made from that one Westinghouse micarta piece.

I’ve seen the older natural micarta CPK used to use and while it looks similar in a small pic, it’s different in person.

CPK also used to use a natural that darkened like coffee coloured almost like the vintage. Shame that’s gone too. I had a Shiv with it.

Most likely it was just a regular set of micarta scales as exhibited below. I say this because I also have an older FK in 3V which had originally come with the micarta scales (the scales were subsequently changed for G10 and then sold off separately) which look very similar to what Bob had posted, just about as redish but then again not quite. Don't worry, I don't think that you committed unforgivable act of sacrilege. But as always, YMMV!

Exhibits:

1xczAN4.jpg

XMRVQGL.jpg

I probably ought to just post this previous image of the four knives that were scaled with the Westinghouse piece, previously posted elsewhere, somewhere. All have darkened a bit, each with it's own particular tone that's darker now, except for the dagger (pieces were cut from the core), which seems to continue to retain the color/tone displayed below:

orig.jpg

Last edited:
Most likely it was just a regular set of micarta scales as exhibited below. I say this because I also have an older FK in 3V which had originally come with the micarta scales (the scales were subsequently changed for G10 and then sold off separately) which look very similar to what Bob had posted, just about as redish but then again not quite. Don't worry, I don't think that you committed unforgivable act of sacrilege. But as always, YMMV!

Exhibits:

1xczAN4.jpg

XMRVQGL.jpg
Yes, I think you are right. If I remember correctly, they look just like that. Thanks again guys!

Back