Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

Nope. No public stalking.
ekQpV59.gif

^ that had better be organic

Ha, ha, ha! Of course it is. In the city in which I live, if you don’t go to prison, you might be hung for eating non-organic food:p. I may have this wrong, but I think I remember that in chemistry, anything with carbon in it is considered organic- so there is that. So is ZDP189 more organic than 1095?:p

Nathan, I hope you’re enjoying some smooth whisky at this late hour.:D Mike

The grinds are twisted, a shallow helix, to add some meat ahead of the guard and again at the point. Historical weapons were made this way, although modern production daggered generally aren't.

ca7dBvB.jpg

without this twist the intersection of two hollow grinds forms a weak concave section at the point. This point is a strong convex tip center section that will tolerate penetrating body armor (or being dropped, lol)

The starting blank was a little over 24 pounds if I recall. The finished dagger was a little over 24 ounces. Pretty good for a 14" blade that is about 3/8" at the ricasso. This is a stout dagger that turned out light and very well balanced.

mxyZTk9.jpg

Nathan, is Dagger the official pattern name then? I have also seen folks referring to it as a short sword and I know that the person (AKA Turd Blossom) who had originally commissioned the special project with you, was thinking a sword at the beginning. Just curious as to how you exactly baptized it? It sure as heck looks like a larger version of your 10" Daggers to me, so I'm just being curious as had stated!

The scales are black G10. They're held on with a total of 16 hidden threaded pins in 32 square bottomed threaded holes, bedded with Acraglas

zJhsPUH.jpg

I lost actually lost some sleep figuring out how to sharpen this point without messing it up at the last minute.

wWaXSDC.jpg

The grinds are twisted, a shallow helix, to add some meat ahead of the guard and again at the point. Historical weapons were made this way, although modern production daggered generally aren't.

ca7dBvB.jpg

without this twist the intersection of two hollow grinds forms a weak concave section at the point. This point is a strong convex tip center section that will tolerate penetrating body armor (or being dropped, lol)

That is a detail that I never would have thought of but is unbelievably cool. I've often heard of WWII era daggers having broken tips and such, that twisted grind just makes perfect sense.

Back