Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

Pulled this beauty out the other day! My HDFK with Antique Micarta scales:thumbsup:.
gPEPfOv.jpg

r2hKxlJ.jpg

As with most everything else in life, I end up with four (one too many) of these Double Edge Fighters. I don't know which I should get rid of, this antique edgecut micarta, or one in double black micarta, sitting here trying to make up my mind.........

010.JPG

Last edited:
spent the past year and a half building trails for everyone to ride. Now I'm taking some time to build a trail for me; gnarly, short and close to home. Should be able to have it rideable before my surgery, and will have something to look forward to while I recover. This is my favourite part of the build because it's the part where my knife is tool #1. Perfect place for spending quality time with the pup.

QN4eB3d.jpg

bGffHAQ.jpg

Rob,
Nah I tried the NX8 and it had horrible eye relief for me (the ATACR 1-8 was great but bigggg money here).

This is an older school NXS 2.5-10x24 which has been my favourite field gun scope to date
Ahh makes since
Popular scope in the sandbox
Much love for that scope from troops
Thank you looks like a great deer rifle

The top and bottom knives in the photo are the newest additions. The Terotuf and the od unbuffed seem to have less detail on the checkered pattern at the end of the scale. I wonder if it is a tooling issue maybe becoming worn over time or just possibly the result of being a softer material or a little of both? However, they are the most grippy of the four. At any rate, I just love this design. This is the perfect knife for me in form fit and function. A light carry knife the can perform in the field. CPK Two.jpg

The top and bottom knives in the photo are the newest additions. The Terotuf and the od unbuffed seem to have less detail on the checkered pattern at the end of the scale. I wonder if it is a tooling issue maybe becoming worn over time or just possibly the result of being a softer material or a little of both? However, they are the most grippy of the four. At any rate, I just love this design. This is the perfect knife for me in form fit and function. A light carry knife the can perform in the field. View attachment 1228063
I think the ‘muted’ check pattern on the TT & unbuffed micartas isn’t from tooling inconsistencies or deformation, just the texture/nap/softness of those particular materials. I happen to love them the most though, like you note, for their great purchase in hand & performance under less than ideal conditions (water, sweat, blood, etc.).

We replace tooling before it's significantly dull, and we always start with fresh carbide with TT. Those terotuf scales were definitely cut with a new cutter. It just isn't a material that takes crisp definition in the cut.

Back