Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

Is that OD green terotuf?
Yes it is, love it for users - looks good and feels good.

I love the look of unbuffed OD green micarta but they eventually buff out with use and darken significantly. I might need a set of OD green terotuf so it keeps that lighter unbuffed look!
Love unbuffed green micarta too

JiXhesG.jpg

2yN80Yp.jpg

i8MTEQt.jpg

#NotANateTrio
Nice Wiglaf, I have one myself, big fan.

UPS time! I have never owned a Kephart of any sort (I don't really own much of any other knife brands other than CPK anyway) but I really like the simplicity of this design combined with Nathan's own mix of wizardry, i.e, modern steels, thoroughly researched material, optimized HT and the best production handle scales which I've ever come across in this knife realm. I just really luv how Jo & Nathan design their scales :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This one is from the Friday's sale before last in AEBL, a steel which I had never ordered prior to this one time. I ordered this because I may want to put to use in the kitchen for meats & poultry:

rrw3qG6.jpg

71DgD1K.jpg

S4Oixkf.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man another G-shock I need !!!! That mug is great too 👍
Oh yeah and the knife is pretty awesome :)

Thank you! I can't recommend that watch highly enough - it's been superb over the several years I've had it now. I just recently took off the paracord watchband I had made for it (it was getting pretty gamy) and put the original strap back on.

Thank you! I can't recommend that watch highly enough - it's been superb over the several years I've had it now. I just recently took off the paracord watchband I had made for it (it was getting pretty gamy) and put the original strap back on.
That's the blacked out version of the Rangeman, isn't it?

I got the standard version after reading some comments that the blacked out display can be hard to read in certain lighting conditions. Great watches though! I really like the barometric tracking graph.

Had a few times where I glanced at the watch, saw the plunging graph and went, "The weather looks OK, but I think it might be a good idea to wrap things up", only to have the downpour hit about 30-60 minutes later.

That's the blacked out version of the Rangeman, isn't it?

I got the standard version after reading some comments that the blacked out display can be hard to read in certain lighting conditions. Great watches though! I really like the barometric tracking graph.

Had a few times where I glanced at the watch, saw the plunging graph and went, "The weather looks OK, but I think it might be a good idea to wrap things up", only to have the downpour hit about 30-60 minutes later.

It is and though I haven't had too many issues with reading the display, I can see where it might be troublesome. There is a lot that this watch does that I don't take advantage of, mostly because of the learning curve - the manual for this thing is quite the tome. Sometimes, I will take a gander just so that I can potentially learn something new. The compass has proven to be quite useful when hunting/hiking and the thermometer is an excellent guiding feature as well.

It is and though I haven't had too many issues with reading the display, I can see where it might be troublesome. There is a lot that this watch does that I don't take advantage of, mostly because of the learning curve - the manual for this thing is quite the tome. Sometimes, I will take a gander just so that I can potentially learn something new. The compass has proven to be quite useful when hunting/hiking and the thermometer is an excellent guiding feature as well.
The compass is definitely good to have as a backup. I'd recommend reading the manual on the compass calibration procedure, as I've seen mine drift relative to my Suunto MC-2.

I can't say I've used the thermometer much. Maybe you could give an impression. The reason I haven't used mine much is because I thought you needed to have it off your wrist long enough to stabilise to ambient temperatures, otherwise your body heat would skew the reading high (eg. Mine is currently reading 87.8f indoors. I'd be baking if that was indoor ambient).

I've found more utility in those little keychain/clip-on compass + thermometer combos that I can clip to the backpack. Enough to give me a decent ballpark of the ambient temps and an extra backup compass (and they only weight about an ounce).

P.S.
That manual is a THICK tiny book. I just downloaded the .pdf manual on my phone instead, so I always have it with me. I think I had to refer to it the first few times changing back and forth from Daylight Savings Time.

Last edited:
The compass is definitely good to have as a backup. I'd recommend reading the manual on the compass calibration procedure, as I've seen mine drift relative to my Suunto MC-2.

I can't say I've used the thermometer much. Maybe you could give an impression. The reason I haven't used mine much is because I thought you needed to have it off your wrist long enough to stabilise to ambient temperatures, otherwise your body heat would skew the reading high.

That is my only complaint about the compass, it seems to require constant recalibration. For a quick and dirty reference though (particularly when I am hunting (archery)), I find it pretty useful. It can't replace a good ol' fashioned map and traditional compass but it can be, as you said, a great backup - especially if you have passable orienteering skills.

The thermometer is absolutely not accurate unless you have it off your wrist for a few minutes. I don't like wearing my watch at night - even while out in the wilderness - so I loop it on the ridgeline of my shelter right above my head. This way I get a good temp reading in the evening and morning - if I am curious throughout the day, I'll take it off but honestly, I very rarely do that (too busy with other stuff).

Probably should throw in another pic to avoid too much drift.

9uv5vBF.jpg

I have never bought a rangeman. Always have been curious to is ABC features, but the GLS-5600-CL1 is my favorite. I just wish the buttons were bigger. Even with my dainty man hands, I find button manipulation difficult, which is why I adore my
DW-9052-1VCF that my Ol man bought me when I hired on with the railroad.

I think we need a CPK and Watches threads. My 0.02 anyway.

That is my only complaint about the compass, it seems to require constant recalibration. For a quick and dirty reference though (particularly when I am hunting (archery)), I find it pretty useful. It can't replace a good ol' fashioned map and traditional compass but it can be, as you said, a great backup - especially if you have passable orienteering skills.

The thermometer is absolutely not accurate unless you have it off your wrist for a few minutes. I don't like wearing my watch at night - even while out in the wilderness - so I loop it on the ridgeline of my shelter right above my head. This way I get a good temp reading in the evening and morning - if I am curious throughout the day, I'll take it off but honestly, I very rarely do that (too busy with other stuff).

Probably should throw in another pic to avoid too much drift.

9uv5vBF.jpg
Had the day off, so I figured I'd add 😁
20210609_131821_copy_2016x1512.jpg

Back