Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

That's a really cool photo. How long did you have to wait?
Rolled the little fella out of the duff while roughing in the trail. Got down to move him off trail and took a pic. Put the knife down to try and catch him crawling across the handle. Little bastard went under the knife instead, so, got a shot of him peeking out the other side.

Pretty sure it’s a red salamander. I know nobody cares. Hell, I don’t even care, but I am not able to not make corrections like this. My wife already hates me for this inability to keep my mouth shut and not correct people - feel free to join her.
…..wait for it……
It’s a red eft. They mature into newts. I used to keep and race them in college.
…….boom! Red spotted newt here in VA, but eft is certainly correct as well as salamander, but don’t tell that fartknocker above.
I will have to show this to my wife because nothing brings her more happiness than me being wrong.
😜
You’re not necessarily wrong, it’s just words. I call them red efts, they may be called red salamanders by others. Used to catch them in PA.
True statement

Rolled the little fella out of the duff while roughing in the trail. Got down to move him off trail and took a pic. Put the knife down to try and catch him crawling across the handle. Little bastard went under the knife instead, so, got a shot of him peeking out the other side.

…..wait for it……

…….boom! Red spotted newt here in VA, but eft is certainly correct as well as salamander, but don’t tell that fartknocker above.

😜

True statement
Nobody went with the easy answer.
Newts are salamanders.

XTEoYdN.jpg

nV7dfyx.jpg

Back