Photos! Post your CPK photos here!

I’m still on my 4th of July holiday. Cheers!

lumg6Z5.jpg

That's amazing.

As a lad, I ate up dog related literature and every time we would go to the book store or library, I would leave with an armful of old dog books/stories. I still have a great many of those books too. Your comments and experience bring to mind a short story that was in a collection of such in an old tome that I picked up at a flea market as a boy. The story was called The Voice of Bugle Ann and it was about a rather exceptional hound dog - definitely one of the more memorable stories in that collection.
You should try the Story of Edgar Sawtelle.
That's amazing.

As a lad, I ate up dog related literature and every time we would go to the book store or library, I would leave with an armful of old dog books/stories. I still have a great many of those books too. Your comments and experience bring to mind a short story that was in a collection of such in an old tome that I picked up at a flea market as a boy. The story was called The Voice of Bugle Ann and it was about a rather exceptional hound dog - definitely one of the more memorable stories in that collection.
It's fiction, but I really loved "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" It involved a set of dogs that were specifically bred for certain traits. As long as you don't mind science fiction, it was pretty cool. And I happened to love science fiction.

A good book from times gone by :thumbsup: Brave by Steve Matthes is worth a look. And if you can put your hands on Life of the Greatest Guide about the Lee Brothers it's good though much different. Both of those are in short supply and have gotten very expensive now.

6owJGgK.jpg

Thank you for the recommendations, I’ve added them to my list of books to keep a look out for.

Amazing picture!

You should try the Story of Edgar Sawtelle.

It's fiction, but I really loved "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" It involved a set of dogs that were specifically bred for certain traits. As long as you don't mind science fiction, it was pretty cool. And I happened to love science fiction.

Thank you, Jo, for the recommendation. I love getting new titles to add to the list - my library tends to grow as rapidly as (if not more than) my knife collection (and that’s saying something these days).

I happen to be a big fan of Science Fiction myself - I’m actually in the middle of rereading this one.

LU1FNVj.jpg

This guy was checking out the DEK

Edit: Forgot to mention- my wife got quite the laugh when she walked outside and found me crouched over the lawn taking pictures of a knife. Apparently she had been standing there several minutes, but I didn’t hear because I was working with headphones on.

Attachments

• 2D3E9356-7B0D-4D18-95DC-FEC2168A5DF4.jpeg
    2D3E9356-7B0D-4D18-95DC-FEC2168A5DF4.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Trail Newt sez, “Dat’s some pimpin’ jimpin’!”
View attachment 1599570
Pretty sure it’s a red salamander. I know nobody cares. Hell, I don’t even care, but I am not able to not make corrections like this. My wife already hates me for this inability to keep my mouth shut and not correct people - feel free to join her.

Back